Button Quail- eggs silver, red breasted, new laced pattern in MA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by spotsplus, Sep 18, 2009.

1. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    I have a colony of buttons that I have been hatching babies from all year. (over 60 so far- all babies sold). I kept a select few and now am offering eggs from my colony for sale. Excellent fertility. Healthy young breeders. Colors- silver, red breasted silver, white, blue face, cinnamon, frosted and what I believe is a new pattern- silver laced (males also are laced). Cannot predict color but each hatch has had atleast 4 different colors/combos. Good chance of getting the new lacing pattern. I have photos on my site- http://cspotsminiaturehorses.homestead.com/button.html

10+ eggs to ship via Priority mail for $12 total. First person who responds will get $15+ eggs for $12 and can ship immediatly.

Tammie
    [​IMG]

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I had quite a few coming from my birds that were a similar color to the lacing...maybe a touch lighter. They're gorgeous!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Do you have pics of the 'laced' ones? I had some that I thought were different than what they were at first, but turned out to be something identifiable [​IMG]

4. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Those are really pretty!

5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:If the one in your pic is what you are calling laced, it looks like a blueface/redbreast cross to me [​IMG] But you can call them whatever you want [​IMG]

6. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    Could be, Shellyd. They seem to be changing color daily. I think I need to wait a few weeks and see what they finally end up as! [​IMG]

T

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If you have, or have had, cinnamon blueface, those are tricky too! They look like cinnamon with a lot of dark specks on them when they are 4-6 weeks, but eventually they get the cinnamon blueface coloring. I don't even try to tell unless they are new babies or over 8 weeks old, they chango colors so much! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by