Button Quail Eggs ? (Update: No more available for a while, thanks)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, Jun 22, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I was contacted before my vacation regarding my button quail eggs and don't recall who it was. If you could contact me again, that would be great. I came home to a pile of them so I know they are laying pretty good right now. And with the number of male v. female they are most certainly fertile. But I do have a batch in the bator just to make sure about the fertility before sending any out. If you are interested, let me know.

Marie

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What are you asking for them in what quantities?

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I honestly don't know how many I will get. I got 11 during the 6 days I was gone, so there wont be that many. I would be willing to send whatever I get for a week for the price of shipping plus $3 for the eggs and packing material. I do keep them in a cool room and I do rotate the eggs. I have some in right now to check fertility so if you would like ot help me check fertility, I could do that for now. If that sounds fair, let me know. This is my first experience with shipping them. But I ship alot of silkie eggs and have great feedback.

I would also consider a trade of somekind. Bantam chickens or plants?

Marie

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I would be more than happy to help you "test" for fertility. If MissPrissy doesn't take you up on it.

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You got it. As soon as I hear back from her I will let you know. I will update here on how many eggs I end up with.

Here are a few pics of my birds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marie

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Those are the cutest little things ever. Just let me know...

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What do you do with them? Keep them in a bird cage? Eat the eggs?

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Eventually I will be in the market for some........ but most likely not until fall or next spring. Can I contact you then for eggs?

9. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I do have mine in a flight cage. I plan to eventually build an aviary but for now they are in a flight cage. You can eat the eggs they are just very tiny. I have heard some say they pickle them whole and eat the whole thing, shell and all. I don't plan to do that. I may feed the extras to my birds though. If I have babies or someone who needs extra protien. You could just scramble them up, shells and all. Also, many folks blow them out and use them for crafts. As far as the birds, I love the sounds they make. They crow, although not at all like chickens. It sounds like the wind blowing. They are very interesting little guys.

Marie

10. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I'll pass this time and let someone else have them. I'd have to build a flight cage or an out door area for them. Maybe when my orpingon eggs are hatched I can get some to try. Do they fit in reg quail egg turners?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by