button quail hatched babies

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jnkir7, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jnkir7

jnkir7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    jonesboro arkansas
    my button quail just hatched out babies this is the first one i ever had to set eggs, i hope she takes care of them . as of right now they are under her doing good

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    awesome, pics? [​IMG]

3. TNQuail

TNQuail New Egg

Sep 29, 2011
    Thats that I havent experience with 500 of buttons I got.
    I did saw picture few months back on internet and looks very nice.
    Picture would be nice,if you could take without disturbing female.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:500 buttons! WOw! You must have a lot of cages since they are paired birds [​IMG]

5. TNQuail

TNQuail New Egg

Sep 29, 2011
    We got plenty of space and breeding cages,I think you got 100 eggs from me at my Ebay Auction??? MsCarrie27 user ID.
    I didnt want to get this amount,but its like a birds you dont have this color and you got to get few of these ,few of those and number goes up.Someone ordered 200 Button quails and by the time they got ready they change their mind.
    They are small,but very cute,each of them is diferent.One of the males got attacked as gouvenile and I think he lost the eys.He comes every morning to the front of the cage and eats out of my hand.Their poop does smell,so right now I am working on designing new breeding pens for trios.On the bottom I dont want to put a poop catch pen,got new idea .I want to put roll of the paper,so when is dirty roll down some and throw old one in trash.I hope it will work.

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I kept 75 breeding pairs of like colors and 34 bachelors waiting for hens. 80 cbbq are in the brooder and I am hoping to pair up with some of the bachelors

7. TNQuail

TNQuail New Egg

Sep 29, 2011
    I would like to get some tuxedos in 2012 but I cant locate breeder

8. hesloprn

hesloprn New Egg

Feb 22, 2012
    Massillon, OH
  9. Pumpkan

Pumpkan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Naples,FL
    @ quail lady I'm hatching some soon if they all hatch I might have some for you!! I'll keep you updated rare colors!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by