Button Quail Heaven, color help please!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Bettacreek, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Alright, I have several chicks, some are silverish/ivory (but they're ENTIRELY silver, not silver backed with white heads), some are striped silver with yellow, and others are silver with orange stripes. What colors should these guys turn out to be?

2. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Silver/yellow stripes
    [​IMG]

Silver/orange stripes
    [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

4. ButtonQuailHeaven

ButtonQuailHeaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2009
    Michigan
    Ok, Silvers with yellow stripes should end up Silver Pearl and dark silver with Orange stripes should be Slate. Ivories would start as yellow like a White but it is a different yellow that is hard to explain. The top chick looks to me like a Silver Pearl and the other one is either some type of Cinnamon or could be Slate depending on how dark the Silver is. Pictures are hard to say for sure with different lighting and stuff. If I was there I could tell you for sure what you had.

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Would it maybe help if I took comparison shots in the same lighting of my adults? I appreciate your help. [​IMG]

6. ButtonQuailHeaven

ButtonQuailHeaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2009
    Michigan
    I doubt it but you can try. I just meant that pictures are hard to tell without a doubt. Being there I could tell you for sure. With pictures of chicks and the subtle differences in the same colors I am guessing. Some I can tell for sure in pictures but some are too hard to know which mutation because some are so similar and only have little differences. Make sense? I can tell you for sure when they are adults though or when they get some feathers.

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Alright, thank you. I won't bother with extra pictures then, lol. Shame you live soooo far away! America needs to be smaller. [​IMG]

8. DsCasa

DsCasa New Egg

Feb 3, 2015
    Hi, I am looking for some button quails.. do u have any for sale?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by