button Quail People

Discussion in 'Quail' started by citalk2much, Apr 8, 2009.

1. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I want to put together a thread that has the colors, mutations and combinations of button quail colors. I would like pictures of these colors. Can you all help by posting or emailing me pictures
    My email is [email protected] it would be easier if you emailed them
    Thank you for your help!

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm going to post mine here, because some are deleted off of my computer and only in my photobucket. Hopefully that's ok...

Ivory Red Breasted
    [​IMG]

Young Cinnamon Red Breasted Roo
    [​IMG]

Hey, do you have a specific pose in mind for these pictures? I can attempt to take better pictures of them in different poses (as best I can, you know how buttons are) if you are trying to get specific pictures. I'll have to get pics of the cinnies, slates, etc, plus some more of the newest batch.

3. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    Any pose you can see the color well works great
    Those pictures are great you can see the coloring well

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    do you want chick pictures too? If so when these buttons hatch I'll be happy to take pics for ya for this! [​IMG]

5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm not sure if you'll want to use these ones or not. My slate was either being picked on, or was feather picking itself. And the other one is a little dirty...

[​IMG]

Slate
    [​IMG]

This one I'm not sure if it's a slate or a smokey. The slate listed above is actually a lot darker than this one, but the camera washed the slate out. I'll have to redo pictures of the slate, to get a good color shot...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  6. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    Quote:Your PM is full!
    You have email

7. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    How do you get your buttons to sit still on any surface like that? If I set mine on a table they'd shoot off like little feathered rockets. The last one I had out bounced off the ceiling then into the wall and dazed itself so I could catch it.

I did get an awesome pic of what I think is a double factor blue face hen. May be single factor instead but she had 2 light markings on either side of her throat as a chick so I actually thought it was a male until she matured.

[​IMG]

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:BQH said that double factors normally do fade out their white patches so yeah I'd agree its a DF. Shelley has one that may still have it's DF mark whichis pretty neat. [​IMG]

I agree bettacreek did a great job wth those pics!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:BQH said that double factors normally do fade out their white patches so yeah I'd agree its a DF. Shelley has one that may still have it's DF mark whichis pretty neat. [​IMG]

Yes he still does, it's like a white stripe across the front of his throat. All my buttons look like crap atm, too many in the cages, but when I get them seperated and everyone gets their feathers back, I'll try to get good pics [​IMG]

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

Yes he still does, it's like a white stripe across the front of his throat. All my buttons look like crap atm, too many in the cages, but when I get them seperated and everyone gets their feathers back, I'll try to get good pics [​IMG]

YAY dont forget a pic of my favorite of yours (yoru df ofcourse) LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by