Button quail- Silvers and Blues

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 4theLoveofBirds, Dec 30, 2016.

1. 4theLoveofBirds

4theLoveofBirds Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    Benson, AZ
    I have 3 button quail that hatched from a batch of shipped eggs. It was a miracle any hatched because half were scrambled and there were a bunch broken with every egg not broken being soaked in the broken egg yolks. So they are almost 3 weeks old now and 1 appears to be white but the other two are a silvery blue color with pearling. Does anyone have any pics of solid silvers and solid blues (or a color that may look similar to a silver) with or without the pearling that I can see to compare mine too? I will try to get picks when I get home tonight (If they stay still long enough, quick little buggers and currently sharing space with some 1 week old coturnix).

2. lisameow

lisameow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia, QLD
    Here's a pic of my silver next to an average brown quail. [​IMG]

3. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    Here's our boy Marvin with his girl, Matilda. I have a silver chick that's 2 and a half weeks old. I'll try and get a photo of it.

4. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    Here's our little baby silver. I'm glad you had some babies hatch - as you say it's a miracle after what they went through.

I'd love to see some photos of your littlies but I know how difficult they are to photograph! They are so fast!

5. 4theLoveofBirds

Jun 14, 2016
    Benson, AZ
    How cute! Well I had a heck of a time getting pics of the little boogers. They are mixed with my coturnix for now and while the coturnix were being camera hogs the buttons were running away, lol. Messy little thing. [​IMG][/IMG]

6. 4theLoveofBirds

Jun 14, 2016
    Benson, AZ
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by