Button quail sounds.

plreef

Songster
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Eastern CT
So when my wife and I first started to research button quail. From my understanding was that they are very quite birds, and all we knew was that they had a quite chirp. Its rather soothing. We have them in a nice sized bird cage in the bed room. UNTILL the darn things woke me up at 3:00 am with some kind of LOUD crowing type sound. It scared the heck out of me! I jumped clear out of bed!!!

I was going to put the laughing guy but thought that would be mean. I am sorry they did that too you and they don't tend to be quite LOL thou I think you cought on to that.

I never wanted button quails again after my first tiime having them but I got some free button quail eggs with my coturnix eggs from a friend so I had to hatch htem ya know...anywho I got 4 bqs.....I love when they call asking where the others are.... the

Wee woo woo!!! so cute!!!

I miss hte roo crowing too cant wait to hear that again
big_smile.png
I gues sim keeping my quad
th.gif
LOL

LOL I understand completly I have 8 of the bigger kind 1 button and 6 banty chicks in my bedroom right now and Ill tell you I defently dont get as much sleep , throw in my sons crickets chirping from the liveing room and my house sounds kinda like some funky animal planet documentary oh and my cat ether sneaking around and knocking things over or meowing and growling and otherwise mumbleing disgusted and irritated cat noises to himself over the fact he cant play with the birdies

My house is more of a zoo than anythine else.... Dogs, birds, kids, fish tanks, ME! Never a dull moment here. Luckly last night my button quail kept thier beaks shut! I got to sleep through the night.

OK so I WILL put the laughing guy - but only because I had no idea that quail crowed and it scared the snot out of me. I thought there was a puppy or a hurt mouse in my laundry room!
lau.gif

This is my first time having buttons. They have been a riot and I love them to pieces.
Here is a pic from my 1st hatch last week - this is from my adults I bought from kellyhm
18368_disk409_022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom