button quail webcam

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Akane, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    The button quail webcam is finally running with a few minor issues. I will try to run it from about noon till the lights go off at 9pm central time but ustream keeps causing browser errors or occasionally freezing. I'm working on it. There are only 2 silver buttons in a 36x18" area so they may not always be visible. I couldn't find a way to cover that much area with my webcam. When I get this one working expect a future cam on the main button pen.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/button-quail

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Awesome cam [​IMG]

thanks for sharing

3. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Very nice, they are cute.

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    AWWW now i want some button-quail their so tiny and walk so cutee. [​IMG]

5. fizzy

fizzy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    middle Tennessee
    OK, what is the brown object in the middle of the picture? I won't say what it LOOKS like....
    cute little guys though!
    Wendy

6. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    Millet spray.

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:did you ever read my reply back to your comment on cat food? Wellness is extreemly high in protien. Either you just ignored it, or you didnt get back to it. But wanted to let you know my wellness cat food is way higher in protien than you thought cat food could be. [​IMG] However that's too expensive for me to consider feeding that to all my quail lol! Feeding it to three cats is expensive enough [​IMG]

Buttons are always way cute so cams are always welcomed! I want to put one up for my coturnix someday [​IMG]

8. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    Wellness does not fall under the cheap low quality cat food people talk about being so great an addition for poultry. You won't find wellness in a grocery store. Which is the last place you should buy food for anything but people.

Button quail cam is back up for today.

9. nuttinfanci

nuttinfanci New Egg

Nov 29, 2008
    Jones,Oklahoma
    I have been going to DG buying a bag of kitten chow it is 40% mixing it with sunflower chips that are also high in prtein and adding a small amount of chick starter grower they are doing beautiful on it and it last quite awhile

10. nuttinfanci

nuttinfanci New Egg

Nov 29, 2008
    Jones,Oklahoma
    next thing HELP a friend had all our button quail at a punkin patch this season in the critter area they were quite secure until cpl of rotten boys decided they wanted to play with them they were told no so they later went back and tore holes in the cage we lost every female we had. Now I have 2 lonely guys wanting a date. Need to buy some eggs to incubate and No these guys are not going anywhere but here have started a really cool playground for them with vegetation running water and places other than dirt to play and roost thanks for the assisst everyone.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by