Button Quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Hooligan Farm, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    So my daughter is feeling left out with all my new editions. So daddy said he would get her some button quail (which I know I will have to take care). Somebody near me has some for sale and is asking $10 each. Is that to much?

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Probably not, that used to be the 'average' price. Of course here I can hardly give them away, so it greatly depends on location [​IMG]

3. Hooligan Farm

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Quote:Probably not, that used to be the 'average' price. Of course here I can hardly give them away, so it greatly depends on location [​IMG]

Move to Jersey I have no problems taking extras:)

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

Move to Jersey I have no problems taking extras:)

Um, yeah, that's NOT going to happen! But I do ship [​IMG] I've only got extra boys though, apparently my incubator refuses to hatch females [​IMG]

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    How old is your daughter?

You do know that button quail are not a bird that you can handle, right? You look at them & listen to them, but don't handle them except when you really need to. It stresses them out and they panic.

You may already know this. I just wanted to make sure.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have 18 Buttons ...
    One of them is a male named Buddy, I raised him from a a "Bumble Bee" and just today he was in my room "visiting" and he is very calm, he will sit quietly in my lap or hand. He'll sit on my hand for a minute or two then jump down and got to "His Corner" in my room and sit down and wait for me to pick him up again. They can be tamed, but not too well when they're already grown. [​IMG]

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Buttons are really just for show. They sit in a cage and you watch them. They shouldn't be let out.

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:He couldn't get out of my room. He never runs away from me either, he just sits down and waits for me in his little corner to be picked up.

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am just saying in general.

Also they are indoor birds. I posted lots of info on my website if you are interested.

10. Hooligan Farm

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Quote:She's 11. She won't try to handle them. When it comes to handling any animal she turns into a big sissy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by