buttons>< Update .. WE have a button new pic

Discussion in 'Quail' started by gabrielle1976, Apr 28, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok my buttons are on day 16 , should they have hatched , be hatching ?
    the humidty is about 55 % I didnt realize it was day 16 already Ill up it tonight ,
    I have a feeling non of hte buttons will hatch but im still hopeing

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Quail hatch when they feel like it. If you go look up hatch dates for quail there will not be 1 number but a range of numbers covering 3-4days. I've had hatches where my temps were slightly high the whole time and they hatched a day late and other hatches where I thought they should be late and they hatched right on time. You never know. On average they should be hatching by at least day 18. Day 17 is more common.

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Pull an egg out and put it up to your ear and listen for little cracking noises. If you hear nothing, check some other eggs. If you hear something, bump the humidity and keep an eye out. What you do from here is a personal decision. I personally will help them out if they (as a group) stop pipping/zipping. I've had excellent luck with helping them out of the shells. I've even had great luck with chicks that weren't even pipped through the shell. You just have to be very careful. Granted, I haven't tried to help if nobody else has pipped. Maybe just up the humidity asap and see how it goes...

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I find they hatch anywhere from day 16 to 18 just keep an eye on them they will rock the eggs too and I find they hatch fast

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh my goodness... every single quail hatch I think I did something to kill them all, and none will hatch. Then I wake up in the morning and they've all hatched... [​IMG] Just increase the humidity, and go keep yourself occupied. [​IMG] A watched egg never pips.
    [​IMG]

6. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    thank you everyone , these eggs are important to me [​IMG] nin seemed to have done anything so im upping the humidty, i listened to them and didnt hear inything , we shall see what tammrow brings [​IMG]

7. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    yesi say sleep on it, and wake up to fuzz i hope! [​IMG]

8. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    On the bright side my other quail all look like striped pin cusions

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Don't mean to brag, but if those are my quail eggs (which I think they are?), the should hatch. Most everyone that has gotten button eggs from me has had at least 75% hatches on them. They don't like it when you know they are coming, they like to surprise you I believe. [​IMG]

When you wake up in the morning you'll have babies, or you'll be watching TV and hear something that sounds like a baby owl in your house. They don't like to let you know they are coming, but they sure like to let you know when they are there!

10. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    yep they are youre eggs there in there with the ones I won.
    Nothing still this morning, its soooo frustrateing casue I cant candle and see anything ether weather it be a clear egg , dead chick live chick whatever , anyone have any tricks to candleing dark greenish eggs the size of youre pinky tip?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by