1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buy brooders online?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bravevline, Jul 6, 2013.

1. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    I am looking for a trusted online company where I can purchase a professional brooder. I am looking for something designed for the sheer purpose of brooding hatchlings. I would also like something with a built in thermostat (where it keeps itself on the temperature you set, like central heating).

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Unless you are raising them professionally, I would look for something used. It's that time of year where people start getting rid of their brooders and incubators. I picked up a $250 GQF brooder on CL that had been used once for 10 chicks for $50. I'd like to find another deal like that.

3. Chiklette

Chiklette Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2013
    You can get a nice one at s farm store for under $100 if you want it for a small amount of eggs. Saw one locally for $55 holds 30 regular eggs. Holds the temperature with manual regulator. Just has a regular thermometer inside. The digital ones are pretty spendy.

4. horsegrl

horsegrl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2013
    raeford north carolina
    there are a lot of postings in the coop design section that will tell you how to make your own brooder i built mine with left over lumber so it didnt cost me anything to make

5. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Quote: I agree. GQF brooder are the key words you want to use on Craigslist, ebay , cheapcycle, and other online websites.
    Best,
    Karen( go to GQF website to see pic of their stackable brooder system. very cool. GQF = Georgia Quail Farm , )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by