Buy fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DanijelaJelacic, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DanijelaJelacic

DanijelaJelacic New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    I would like to buy fertilized eggs from bluer or black Brahma, Pekins, Silkie and Frizzle chicken. I live in Europe, in Croatia and it is very difficult to get such chickens here. I wonder if someone in the US can send fertilized eggs

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! I know very little about hatching eggs but I have read that shipped eggs have a greatly reduced success rate due to the jostling they receive in transport. And in your case they would be shipping overseas which I think would reduce the success rate even further. Here's a link, however, where you can inquire about hatching eggs. Maybe some of BYCs European members will see your post and be able to send you some from a closer distance. Good luck to you and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under DanijelaJelacic [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus, I am not going to be much help to you but I did want to wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Being based in Africa means I'm about as much use as a poke in the eye with a blunt stick - sorry. I do agree with redsoxs that trying to source eggs from Europe would be a better bet, in terms of potential hatch rate.

Good luck
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by