Buy It Now: 10+ Heritage Delawares Hatching eggs - Great Bloodlines Ships week of 6/29/2015- Georgia

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
BIN - Buy it Now $28.00 for 10+ eggs + shipping/handling.10+ eggs means 10 eggs and more if available the day of shipping. These eggs will ship week of 6/29/2015 and though there is no expected change in their laying patterns, we will let you know if one occurs. These are heritage delawares and one of our farm's largest flocks so eggs should continue to be available .Schedules are set according to date payment received, paypal and no epay please (it delays shipping)Contact us regarding how to order if you do not have paypal, either a pm here or at farm e mail, [email protected] and we'll look an alternate payment method!

. Please disregard any older comments on listing, when we renew listing they reappear.

This flock of birds had their beginnings from eggs bought from Speckledhen early 2010. We have been hatching out babies now for quite some time. We now have enough for two large flocks, 10+ means that extra will be added if available when they are available the day of shipment. The chicks are so friendly and sweet and as adults they still come up to me. These are the strongest little babies I've ever seen and super friendly! Really remarkable! I give all the credit to the development of this stock to our beloved BYCer Speckledhen. 10+ means ten eggs and more if available the day of shipping.

SHIPPING:
For all BUT west Coast, Postage is $18.50 without a heat pack and is Priority Mail mail with tracking number delivery. Due to increased USPS rates, we regret we will have to increase our west coast shipping (California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona) to $22.50. IF YOU WANT A 72 hour HEATING PACK, it will be $5 more which represents cost of heating pack, extra weight and materials. Heating pack helps keep temperatures stable as they travel in unheated trucks or may wait on tarmac for airplane travel. To buy or not to buy is up to you:) Please disregard comment below, comments are carried forward when we renew our listing. We wrap and ship carefully but do not guarantee hatch rate or replace eggs as shipping and incubation/brooding is out of our control. For details on how we ship eggs, please see last line.

We package carefully as described in the last line of this post, but do not replace eggs since handling and incubation are beyond our control I
Since many of you have asked, lineage for these is Jesse McDaniel and William Meier and some Sandhill Preservation and Whitmore Farms thrown in to add new blood/diversity.
Shipment depends upon timely payment and no change in the laying patterns, which is not expected based on current laying patterns. For this listing, we can only accept paypal (no epay please) to [email protected] Please put your BYC name, your mailing name and address AND WHAT you are ordering in your paypal notes. if you wish to pick up at the post office. please also give your phone number in the notes.IF you want any marking other than Fragile on the box, please let us know what it is! ALSO please include the same information on your paypal notes along with your BYC name AND what you are ordering! If you don't use paypal, please message me at [email protected] regarding how to order eggs.

If you are interested in other of our eggs for your incubator or broody hens, you may see the listings here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/8875Thanks for your interest and have a blessed day!

Please see our feedback under our name/profile!
More information about our full time farm and our philosophy is available at our website
http://thegarryfarm.yolasite.com/
how we ship: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-garry-farm-how-our-eggs-are-wrapped-packed-and-shipped
IF YOU WANT WORDING OTHER THAN FRAGILE ON THE BOX, please let us know what the wording would be.
or facebook The Garry Farm We're full-time farmers,please give us time to answer questions!​

Last edited:
How meaty are your Delawares at 12 weeks? When do you normally butcher yours and what dressed weight do you get? I'm looking for Delawares to use for meat.
Thanks!

We don't process at 12 weeks. Before we process any birds, we always try to find them homes. We have not processed many of our Delawares at all as they are one of our most popular breeds,, thanks again to all that work from Speckledhen here on BYC and a little additional diversification from our farm. It will be at least Monday Nov 5 before I can do weighing or so that I will have a farm work time open to weigh some of our birds for you. Presently the laying pattern do not allow much more than 10 to max 12 eggs for shipping purposes. If you were to want to pick them up I could likely get a larger order. Thanks for your interest.

Bargain,
Do your Dels breed true or do you need Del C bred to a NH orRIR H for the columbian color. To make it clearer, will a Del Cock bred to a Del Hen make Del babies with the columbian pattern.
Kurt

Bargain,
Do your Dels breed true or do you need Del C bred to a NH orRIR H for the columbian color. To make it clearer, will a Del Cock bred to a Del Hen make Del babies with the columbian pattern.
Kurt
Hi Kurt, Our delawares breed true. All the babies of our breeders are Delawares. The parents are delawares.

The coloring of a delaware is very similar to the Colombian color pattern, but with the barring substituting for the black feathered sections of a Columbian bird.

If you are interested in reading more about the Delaware and its role and beginnings in poultry, I would encourage you to see information from the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy to learn more about how the breed began.

I'm expecting to get some eggs at the end of the month, do you think you could ship at the same time? The other eggs are coming from GA as well. Around the 5th or 6th of April.

I'm expecting to get some eggs at the end of the month, do you think you could ship at the same time? The other eggs are coming from GA as well. Around the 5th or 6th of April.

Rancher Hicks just tell me the day to ship to get to you at the right time and go ahead to pay and we should just be great! Thanks so much. Look forward to serving you at that time... Have a blessed weekend.
smile.png

Would it be to late to order the eggs? Not saying that i am going to but I'm looking around.(i don't think that sounded mean but I'm sorry if it did) Also could i buy 2 batches or just 1 because my incubator doesn't have the best hatch rate. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom