Buy it now: 10+ Wheaten Marans Hatching Eggs great bloodlines Ship wk of 6/15/2015 located in Geo

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
Our Wheaten Marans are continuing to lay well. This Buy IT Now is for week of June 15, 2015 Orders filled depending upon prompt payment and continued laying of this flock, which is expected. 10+ means You will receive 10 Wheaten Marans hatching eggs and more if available the day of shipping. No guarantee on extra eggs.This flock is of Bev Davis/Buddy Henry (Cottage Hill) lineage and now Garry farm lineage as well. Eggs are $30 Plus Shipping. (Please ignore any older comments under the listing but when it is reopened, they are part of the new listing).

Here's one of the pretty pullets from the original flock! No pullet eggs will be included however!!!!! My pullets are in a separate penned area. She is now fully grown but my best photo close up of feathering in our flock.
8875_wheatanpullet1.jpg

Here's a picture of the laying flock:
8875_wheatenmarans1.jpg

I have been really pleased with the rich coloring of eggs in this flock..BUT PLEASE NOTE.The hens have been laying now for many months and the coloring remains is at the lightest..AGAIN, Marans eggs pictures are little lighter now as they have been laying nonstop for months. As you may or may not know, Marans coloration is always darkest at the beginning of every laying cycle (after a moult) and the longer they lay before the next moult, they will be lighter over time. (I simply call it that they are running out of their paint coloring - and it will be refilled after the moult.....) I can refer you to literature for this if you like that explains it more biologically but thought I'd try to explain in "plain talk" here. We breed toward the Standard of perfection in this flock.

Payment and Shipping and Handling details:
This listing is for paypal only, no epay as it delays ships , send to: [email protected] If you want to find out how to pay with money order or other than paypal, please write me on BYC or our farm address [email protected] In paypal notes, put your byc name, your mailing name and addresse so we can ship quickly as we print postage. Also in the notes,please tell me IF you want to pick up at the post office, and add your phone number IF you want to pick up at po IIF you do not have paypal, please e mail us at [email protected] on how to use alternate methods of payment.

SHIPPING:

For all BUT west Coast, Postage is $18.50 without a heat pack and is Priority Mail mail with tracking number delivery. Due to increased USPS rates, we regret we will have to increase our west coast shipping (California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona) to $22.50. IF YOU WANT A 72 hour HEATING PACK, it will be $5 more which represents cost of heating pack, extra weight and materials. Heating pack helps keep temperatures stable as they travel in unheated trucks or may wait on tarmac for airplane travel. To buy or not to buy is up to you:) Please disregard comment below, comments are carried forward when we renew our listing. We wrap and ship carefully but do not guarantee hatch rate or replace eggs as shipping and incubation/brooding is out of our control. For details on how we ship eggs, please see last line.

We ship eggs the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Please see pictures and outline of how we ship in the last paragraph of the listing. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity and postal handling and other handling are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We hope you do check out our feedback in the current feedback system at the top of this listing.

SPECIAL SHARING Please see the following feedback that I just received from AZBootsie, who received 12 Wheaten Marans Eggs from The Garry Farm. She said: "Hey Nancy,
Chicks are already 2 weeks old and I haven't taken a minute to let you know how well the hatch went....

Unfortunately I broke one even before I even got them into the incubator, so only set 11. 1 never developed and 10 hatched perfectly. 10 happy, healthy chicks out of 11 eggs....better than I ever imagined. It is probably too early to tell for sure, but it looks like I have 6 pullets and 4 roos. In the next day or two, I am hoping to get some pics posted on the wheaten Marans thread.

Thank you again. Nancy, You Rock!!

God Bless,
Bootsie"

Please know that your results may vary depending upon postal handling as well as incubator/broody hen functioning, etc.but I was so super excited that she hatched 10 of 12 eggs shipped to her!!! Please message me here or if you are short on message space e mail our farm address: [email protected] We invite you to see our other listings for chickens or other poultry, which you are interested in other of our eggs for your incubator or broody hens, you may see the listings here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/8875
For more information about our farm see: http://thegarryfarm.yolasite.com/
or Facebook: The Garry Farm or The Garry Farm Animals for sale
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-garry-farm-how-our-eggs-are-wrapped-packed-and-shipped
If you want anything other than Fragile on your box, please let us know. Thank you and have a blessed day!​

Last edited:
Hello Nancy,
I got my order Saturday. Packaging was excellent and all eggs arrived intact. They've gone through their "settling" period and some went in the incubator this morning. The rest will go in a different batch on Wednesday. Thanks again and I will leave you feedback.

I would like to buy eggs to be sent out ASAP! I sent you a PM. Would like to either set these in the incubator within 2-3 days or set them for the NYD Hatch Along (put em in on Dec 11th). I will send you the payment through PayPal in just a few minutes! THANK YOU AND BLESSINGS!

I'm confused, how much are the eggs? your listing says $25 or BO, in the body it says $17.50 +$17.50 shipping, that's $35

Hoppy, thank you so much for your careful reading! I have corrected the first paragraph Eggs are $25 Plus $17.50 Shipping. Our postings always list out shipping separately as many of our customers are local to us or prefer to drive to us rather than ship. Thank you again..

Last edited:
Hi, I think you asked the same question over on another thread, so I'm cutting and clipping the response here for your convenience! I think it was over here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ck-some-rare-breeds-included/50#post_10834664 Here is what I wrote you there!
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ul-whitmore-farm-lines-for-wk-of-3-25-forward

Please tab down to see response to blackgum This pic is a little over a week old.
Here's photo is clipped for your convenience!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5605081/width/200/height/400/flags/LL

Also uploading on this so you can see better if you are on a slow phone like mine
smile.png

I will search for wheaten Marans pics after farm chores so it will be later but will tell you that my wheatens have been laying for months and are on the lighter shade of coloration although all were hatched from darker eggs. I am sure that you are aware that marans lay lighter over time, until they stop laying and restart what I call "their paint cycle" Our wheatens are always lighter than our bcms and our other marans. Hope this is helpful and have a blessed day. Nancy

Here's a pic I found found of our wheaten marans from a few months back, many are lighter now but this gives you some perspective of their shades.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and thanks!

Last edited:
kevinalusa I'm sorry but the most we can get to you within a decent time frame at present for hatching will be 10+ eggs. 10+ means that if there are extra(s) on the day of shipping, we will include those at no extra charge either in eggs or postage. We will ship no egg older than 3 days old in order to get to you within a great window of opportunity for hatching. The older the egg the less likelihood of it hatching. Hope you understand.

If you are ready to purchase eggs, please proceed to pay via paypal as noted in the listing so we may fill your order. Thanks for your interest and have a blessed day!

Back
Top Bottom