**BUY IT NOW** 12+ Old Type Heritage RI Red Hatching Eggs - Show Quality** NPIP **

luckypickens

Songster
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Danville, AR
** BUY IT NOW **

For your consideration are 12+ of our fertile hatching eggs from our NPIP certified flock of heritage RI Red pen.

Please email your order to [email protected]
for some reason I am not getting my email updates from here
since they changed over

TOTAL for 12+ is $35.00 which includes shipping
18+ for $45.00 - 24+ for $55.00 - 36+ $65.00

I can ship up to 3 doz in a box and can fill it with any of our other hatching eggs if you like also.

I will be more than happy to ship fresh eggs on any date you like,
just let me know when you make payment.

We take MO or Pay Pal to [email protected] ...

We've been thrilled with Hoss and everyone has been having great hatch rate with his shipped eggs, YIPPPEEE!
Nice big happy healthy chicks,
I guarantee you will love them!

My big boy "Hoss" 1.29.12 ... He is a sweet gentle giant!

Please email your order to [email protected]
for some reason I am not getting my email updates from here
since they changed over

**UPDATE 10.28.11** Just added two new roosters from Roy Autry's line to my pen of 16 hens. Last 3 photos are of my new roosters taken on 12.17.11, I just LOVE Hoss and Buddy! Hoss won Overall Best Of Show at Pope County Fair in Sept and was going to go on to state fair but started to molt. Buddy was still to young to show this year but he will be shown next year for sure. Both are just beautiful and correct in type, both should produce some beautiful chicks as well!

** UPDATE 12.16.11** Had my first test hatch from these on Dec 2nd and all 7 hatched second hatch of 5 on the 9th and all hatched again! Boy I am just thrilled with the new boys and their chicks. Fertility has been 99% and hatching 100% so don't think it can get much better than that!

These are my favorite of all the big breeds and are a beautiful deep dark mahogany red. They are a show strain that has been raised and shown for over 50 years by the George Ryan Family in Arkansas and have won numerous Blue Ribbons and Best of Show at our county and state fair by them and myself. I know if you raise some they will be a winner for you as well. These are the true old type strain that have the pearl with rusty lacing on the legs. The standard now calls for yellow legs but I have never had any judge knock them down yet since they are a true old strain and all the judges just love them. They lay nice size brown eggs and make great fryers or baking hens too! Very sweet gentle birds, we've never had a mean rooster in all the years of raising them. They range really well and are very hardy in the winter too. They are defiantly a year round winner in my flock! We have had great fertility and hatch rate to date as well as the feedback on our shipped eggs.

All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean and we are NPIP certified flock #71-0380. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the best feed and TLC daily! Our Heritage RI Reds get to free range while our purebred bantams are kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats from the garden daily. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows!

Chicken raisin' is all we do so I assure you we gather often to keep the eggs from getting to hot or to cold to stay fresh and fertile for you. Our hatching eggs we send out are no more than three days old. They are turned three times a day and stored in a temperature controlled room to assure you the best possible hatch. Eggs are usually fairly clean, but may contain occasional soiling. I do not wash eggs but will brush of excess soiling if present. Washing can contaminate the eggs and may decrease hatch rate. Eggs are wrapped individually in bubble wrap then packed in a small box, then nestled in shredded paper in large shipping box, clearly marked FRAGILE HATCHING EGGS on the box, but will gladly mark them that way if you so want. I've had very good success shipping this way. We have had an excellent hatch rate on our farm ourselves this year as well as with our shipped eggs. However, we cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to circumstances out of our control. Rough postal handling and incubator mishaps will make perfectly fertile eggs not develop or hatch. Purchasing shipped hatching eggs is a risk. Please be understanding and know this when purchasing hatching eggs. When your eggs arrive carefully unwrap them and store them pointy end down at room temperature for 12-24 hours to help the air cell settle from shipping.

I have Fibromyalgia and can't work. My chickens are my therapy that keep me going, selling a few hatching eggs and chicks helps me buy feed for my little feathered loved ones, THANK YOU for looking!

Hugs, God Bless and happy hatching from Lucky Pickens Farm!

Roslyn & Gary Pickens

NPIP certified flock #71-0380
AR private P/T tester #P601

Raisin' critters & havin' a ball in Danville, AR
http://community.webshots.com/user/luckypickens

12.16.11 Took some new ones of Hoss and Buddy but lost them will take some new ones today and post later They are both from Roy Autry's line. Hoss won Overall Best of Show at Pope County fair this year.

Took this one of the girls as the water was rising when we were flooded on 11.22.11. Hoss is playing hide and seek under the roost, as the water rose all took refuge on the roosts and had to stay up on it for 24 hours till the waters receded. Thank God it wasn't as bad as in 2008 and we didn't loose a one this time!

Sept 18th my RI Red Pullet took BOS Standard Pullet at Yell County Fair 2011! I had a cockerel that I was going to show also but my peacock killed it just 3 weeks before the show. He was awesome and I know I had a chance at Overall BOS with him! Oh well just wait till next year!

Me with all my 2011 fair winnings and my winning RI Red pullet.

Hoss is the rooster at the top and he is now 18 months old. Buddy at the bottom is now 8 months old and getting more beautiful every day!

***FEEDBACK***
hi Roslyn
the RI Red eggs i got from you hatched out ,,,i got 15 of 18 that made it to lock down..and they are doing well...thanks for the eggs have a great one happy hatching
Ronnie

12.5.11 Hi Roslyn! Just wanted to let you know that I have hatched seven beautiful rhode island reds and three gorgeous silver laced cochin yesterday and today from the eggs I bought from you! I am very pleased and will definitely order again as soon as I am ready to do more hatching! Thank you!
Betsy

Just wanted to let you know I hatched out 15 beautiful RI chicks.
Thanks so much, I cant wait until spring so I can mix them with mine for a little new blood.
Terri

Just wanted to let you know I hatched out 15 beautiful RI chicks.
Thanks so much, I cant wait until spring so I can mix them with mine for a little new blood.
-Terri

Just got the below email last night 6.8.11 from a gentleman who bought some of my heritage RI Reds a few weeks ago... I have been having good feedback with the hatch rate but THRILLED to hear he had 100% hatch rate. I have been having 98% on the farm and he even beat me OUTSTANDING!!! He told me he hatched them in a turbo fan hovabator and I have the Genesis hovabators.

Just wanted to let you know that the 18 LF RIR eggs you shipped me did ok. 6-7-11 I hatched 18 very lively healthy chicks. I have been in the poultry bus. for 42 yrs. I have never even heard of that kind of hatch from shipped eggs.
Thank you, Jeff
- bigun78215

Dear luckypickens,

11 eggs developing wonderfully....thank you so much...will send pictures when they hatch...thanks again...
- cscheepsma

Just wanted to let you know, out of the 13 eggs shipped 9 developed 8 hatched 1 dead.We always hope for 100% but it is hard with shipped eggs. I am pleased with the hatch and may order some more later.
Thanks Mike

I just wanted to let you know I got 8 wonderful chicks out of the eggs sent. One was no good and 3 didn't hatch. I think that was great.
Thank you again
Roger Potter

Last edited:
I won an auction of luckypickens rir's last dec. Out of 25 I had 20 hatch. Here's a pic of those chicks, (a few of my delawares too) at 4 weeks old as of today.

Thank you for sharing and the Delewares look so pretty among all the reds lol! I am so thrilled they did so well for you and I know you just love them too!
God Bless

Has this restarted?
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
$21.00
hugs.gif
love.gif

Roslyn, just wanted to let you know, out of the 14 eggs you shipped me -- the 14th egg just pipped! The chicks are so pretty and healthy -- not a crooked toe or crossed beak in the bunch! I used my new Brinsea Octagon Eco w/auto-turner for this hatch & it held rock steady on temp & humidity.

That's 100% hatch on SHIPPED EGGS!!!

Thank you again.

Roslyn, just wanted to let you know, out of the 14 eggs you shipped me -- the 14th egg just pipped! The chicks are so pretty and healthy -- not a crooked toe or crossed beak in the bunch! I used my new Brinsea Octagon Eco w/auto-turner for this hatch & it held rock steady on temp & humidity.

That's 100% hatch on SHIPPED EGGS!!!

Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom