Buy it Now: 12+ Silkied Pure Ameraucana Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by NicoleRM, Mar 11, 2013.

1. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    For sale, 12+ hatching eggs from my BBS silkied Ameraucanas. These are pure Ameraucanas, not Silkie crosses. My current flock consists of a blue silked rooster over blue hens. Some of the hens are silkied and some are splits, so you will hatch some splits from these eggs and the chicks can be blue, black, or splash. Egg color on these still needs work and is pretty variable, from clear blue to shades of green.

Shipping will be $15 for Priority. The eggs will be bubble wrapped and shipped in a styrofoam insulated double box. The eggs I ship are fresh with a good hatch rate for me here, but I cannot guarantee hatch rates for any eggs shipped due to handling during transit or incubation technique.

I generally have 1 or 2 batches of eggs to ship per week, please PM if interested. Very open to offers, please don't be shy! Would trade for other pure large fowl Ameraucana eggs of good color. [​IMG]

2. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    How are the hatch rates on these? I heard they are difficult to hatch/many eggs don't hatch despite fertility.

3. NicoleRM

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    I have quite good hatch rates on mine here at home, no different from my other flocks. Crossing them out seems to have really improved this issue. I think most of the hatching problems were from eggs out of the original pair or their direct offspring before any new blood was added.

4. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    Oh okay. I had read that they die randomly at any age but I assume that has improved also?

5. NicoleRM

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    I think that is still more of a lingering issue than the fertility/hatching problems. I haven't lost any of mine in a while, so they do seem to be getting stronger as new blood is added through outcrossing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by