Buy Sell Auctions Payments

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by cluckfan, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    I was looking for a discussion on how payments are made or received in the BSA section. I just sold a chick through buy it now and was messaged by the buyer wanting me to hold the bird without payment. I let this person know that I take paypal or will take a check etc. What forms of payment do you accept or how do you deal with selling? I don't plan to sell much. I did tell this buyer that they can make a partial payment and then pay in full upon pickup. The buyer is a member but has no postings or info listed. Thanks:)

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Payment arrangements are completely between the buyer and seller.

BYC doesn't support one payment over another.

3. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:It was good to ask for at least partial payment. I'd suggest placing your payment type demands as well as your desired timeframe of being paid in ALL of your auctions. It's great that there is no charge for auctions here on BYC, but you have to deal with the unknowns of buyers--some of which never come through with payment.

4. cluckfan

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    Quote:Thanks, I was thinking that but thought I might have overlooked something.

5. cluckfan

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    Quote:It was good to ask for at least partial payment. I'd suggest placing your payment type demands as well as your desired timeframe of being paid in ALL of your auctions. It's great that there is no charge for auctions here on BYC, but you have to deal with the unknowns of buyers--some of which never come through with payment.

My buyer came through with a partial payment so all that worry for nothing, but I am new at this. I am learing so much on BYC. I think it is the single best source of info on the net, as far as Chicker are concerned. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by