Buy the RIGHT incubator to bring back to Brazil!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ricklo, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ricklo

ricklo Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking to buy and bring back an incubator to Brazil when I go back. They are very expense there and not good quality.I have chickens,Muscovy ducks, turkeys and Angola hens.So I need an all purpose incubator. Still air? forced air? Brower top load?etc. It has to be reliable and easy to repair(that is why I am shying away from r-com and Brinsea, can't send back to fix). Hovabator with turner looks good, but what model #1602n,2362n or Genesis. It is vey hot all the time where I live, the hens have been doing it, but not great hatch rate on all the different fowl.
    GREAT FORUM BY THE WAY!

2. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    If you want a hovabator, I'd get the Genesis 1588 with turner-- very dependable-- I also like the r-com 20, it's been working very well for me for a couple of months --
    Vicki

3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I love my genesis 1588 with turner. Do you need a different power adapter? Good luck!

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I only had a GQF hova-bator. I am using a brower top hatch and I have not had a 0% hatch rate yet.

5. ricklo

ricklo Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I love my genesis 1588 with turner. Do you need a different power adapter? Good luck!

Thanks,
    I have been reading through the Forum and I think the best midrange incubator is the Genesis with a turner, a few have said there Brower top hatch is good,but they say the turners stop working.
    I have 110 volt where I am in Brazil and have converted all the electric sockets to american/brazilian, so I am OK.
    It looks like the best deal on a New Genesis is Home and Barn Basics (with discount), cheaper than e-bay!

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    You've made a great choice. I have been nothing but happy with my hova 1588 and turner [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by