skygoddess11

Chirping
11 Years
May 16, 2011
I really dislike writing negative reviews....but, this company is making copycat type products that are far inferior (and causing injuries).

The Grandpa's style feeder is cheaper and has holes in the "step on" plate that birds get their toes stuck in. The port hole feeder traps birds and killed one of my juvenile (not a chick..she was 16 weeks old) hens. She could not get her head and neck out of the porthole.

The poultry netting and attachable gate is totally unusable. It sags and the poles are too flimsy to keep the netting off the ground (grounding out the fence and rendering it unusable). I tried to work with customer service at RentACoop ....sending them photos and solutions. They refused to send me more poles to try and get the fence to possibly work. Tyler at RentACoop said that of the 3500 fences they have sold....no one has ever asked for more poles.....and they wouldn't be sending me any, either. They told me to watch their videos and install it better. I watched the videos numerous times (before I even purchased the fence and gate.) installed, un-installed and re-installed it numerous times to try and make it work better. It needs stronger poles and MORE of them.

So, thank you for listening. I should have read more reviews before buying these products. I wanted to support RentACoop and their small family business and I got burned instead.

With that being said....I've had great success with Premier 1's products AND customer service.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON RENTACOOP.

Do you have some pics of what you rented?

Maybe someone on here could help you figure out what is wrong and help you fix it instead of a customer service. Since your very first post is complaining about a rental coop service, it makes me think the problem might be on your end since you can afford to buy it instead of rent it.

I bought the feeder from Rentacoop off amazon. The lid would not seal on. I asked to return it and exchange it for a non-defective one, but Rent-a-coop didn't respond. Then I complained to amazon, and they offered me a refund/return. I was happy I purchased from Amazon and not directly from rent-a-coop. After I wrote a scathing review, Rentacoop sent me an apology. But obviously, they are having some issue with their quality control

BTW: despite the name, rent-a-coop, they often sell products (not just renting them.)

Do you have some pics of what you rented?

Maybe someone on here could help you figure out what is wrong and help you fix it instead of a customer service. Since your very first post is complaining about a rental coop service, it makes me think the problem might be on your end since you can afford to buy it instead of rent it.
I believe rent-a-coop is just the brand name of the company that sells a bunch of chicken stuff, feeders, waterers etc. Not literally a rental service. All I ever got from them was some water nipples, those were fine, but apparently a lot of this other stuff is not according to @skygoddess11

I bought the water cups from Rent A Coop and love them. I did have an issue with one leaking and had a very positive experience with Customer Service. They sent me 3 new ones to replace to 1 faulty cup. Great company IMO and will do business with them in the future.
So happy for you! The cups are quite inexpensive compared to the cost of the fence. I just want people to save their hard earned money for a product that actually works. RentACoop is a small business...so, I'm sure they cant keep up with the times, either. Just wish they would do the right thing to make the fence work properly. Premier 1 has the experience and product that actually works and now the prices are even comparable. A review like this can at least help consumers decide without wading through tons and tons of ancient reviews.

I believe rent-a-coop is just the brand name of the company that sells a bunch of chicken stuff, feeders, waterers etc. Not literally a rental service. All I ever got from them was some water nipples, those were fine, but apparently a lot of this other stuff is not according to @skygoddess11

You are correct. They DO rent hens as well as sell products. The other stuff they sell may work just fine and are quite inexpensive in comparison to the fence and gate. I actually bought from them over a very lauded fence company to support the family business...but it backfired on me. My Premier 1 fence is ROCKING...and keeping my hens safe.

Ha I guess. Never heard of it here. If they sell junk, then a picture or proof is all I need to say don't shop with them.
Some of their other products may work well..but, if you have over $400.00 to throw away...buy their fence! LOL

Back
Top Bottom