buying amo forget it ( long read)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sundance, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thought i would pass it on

Subject; new bill to code and tax AMMO on the table
    Remember How Obama said that he wasn't going to remove your guns? well it seems that his minions and allies in the anti gun world have no problem with taking your ammo
    The bill that is being pushed in states(including Illinois and Indiana requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture. A data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers Nobody can sell any ammunition after June30.2009unless the ammunition is coded.
    Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July1.2011, including hand loaded ammo. they will charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more.
    this legislation is currently pending in 18 states Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii,Illinois, Indiana Kentucky, Maryland Mississippi Missouri, new jersey, new York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,, South Carolina Tennessee and Washington,
    send to friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL.
    To find out more about the anti gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state go to http//ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
    .True-don't know -Possible-yes

2. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    No such critter listed in the federal or in PA. Don't have time to research on a state by state basis, but it looks like a preemptive campaign to stop a bill what ain't bin writ!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:And many times, they don't!

6. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    Quote:And many times, they don't!

Hence the "usually" lol. [​IMG]

7. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    That guy moves fast. Only 2 days in office. Might want to place the blame on homeland security or you states version of it. if your not planning on killing anybody you should be ok.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I can see this thread disappearing soon. Just an FYI. [​IMG] Play nice, everyone.

9. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    2/28/2008 - Second Read and Referred S Judiciary and Civil & Criminal Jurisprudence Committee

Obama wasn't in office in the state of Missouri when this proposed bill was first read.

I've done some basic, basic lobbying in the past and have found that when a bill is sent to be read, it's as good as dead.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by