1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buying an Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JustinaMarie, Feb 1, 2014.

1. JustinaMarie

JustinaMarie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    So I am looking to get an incubator and started a jar to put money toward it. I was looking at the mini advanced incubator or the Octagon 20 eco since its about the same price. I don't really need that many eggs but thought if its the same price why not? Any help would be good :)

2. Coopnana

Coopnana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    north Idaho
    I have the Brinsea Auto..just one hatch so far and 7 out of 7 hatched. It's very automatic, maintains temperature very well....the part that is bothersome is during hatch ..there is very little room the little wet chicks are stumbling over egg shells, unhatched eggs...I feel bad for them and would quickly remove the egg shell to give them room and then moved them to a brooder when fluffed out.

3. JustinaMarie

JustinaMarie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    Anyone have the Octagon 20 eco and turn the incubator by hand? Just wondering how the eggs don't get broke that way

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by