buying an old coop ???????????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by what's kickin' chicken, Jun 2, 2011.

1. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    Ok, I saw a coop on craigslist, but I don't want to bring any diseases on my place.... what are the steps I would need to take to make sure I don't get a respiratory disease... had that before don't want it again [​IMG] ..... If there is a chance I'll walk away from the deal,but I just would like to know if there's a chance...

chicken math has hit and I need more room.... [​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    With any new coop a good of paint inside and out will take care of any nasties that may be lingering. You will thank yourself in the future for painting the inside of the coop. Trust me. I have patted myself on the back about a million times for having the foresight to paint my coop interiors.

Good luck.

3. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Thanks...[​IMG]

I was hoping, paint would take care of some of the diseases.... [​IMG] It looks like they have some fresh paint on it...I would probably paint it again to be safe,after I washed it with bleach,maybe a fogger (?)..... just don't know how long or if respiratory diseases stay around??? [​IMG] lice or mites [​IMG] but can be fixed.... other not soooo much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by