Buying chicks today

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cariboujaguar, May 13, 2009.

1. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    Just ran across an ad for BLRW Banty's, white Japanese black tailed Banty's silkie cross' and Golden and Silver Sebrights... I am interested in just about all these breeds.
    My broody hen has 4 babies, could I add to her little flock of babies? Are any of these sexable at 2 weeks?
    What is your experience with them? Are they friendly, broody, good layers, good free range or should they be cooped?

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. cariboujaguar

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    Nevermind, we bough 2 BLRWs, 1 blue silkie, 1 white black tailed Japanese and 1 silver sebright... [​IMG] sooo cute!

3. cariboujaguar

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    Well the hen killed a BLRW and the Japanese banty [​IMG] She obviously will not be adopting these chicks, I'm so sad, she immediately pushed them under her wing and let them all brood under her for at least 30 min, we watched her for almost an hour to make sure she accepted them and all was good. Left for an hour, came back and she'd pecked two to death. No way it was anything else, it's rabbit mesh around the pen and the other chicks could not have done the damage she did [​IMG] So sad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by