Buying coturnix hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bleenstar, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Bleenstar

Bleenstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Southern California
    I would like to purchase coturnix and button quail hatching eggs...I was hoping I can find a good deal, It will not be shipped to me but a fellow BYC member who bought it from someone (im not sure where) but all the eggs was crushed during shipping...the person just took the money and disappeared. They didn't even pack it with bubble wrap, just..egg in their cartons and peanuts. Shes(fellow byc member) out of town Until November 1st and I would like to surprise her with a shipment of eggs when she comes back home [​IMG] Please help me out..post price and info here or PM me.. Thanks guys!

preferably manchurian and tuxedo breeds, no A&M

Edit: changed names

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Hi by chinese do you mean Chinese Painted Button Quail? Theres several breeders, though i dont know if they are selling them anymore this year but they may be! [​IMG] That is a total bummer how they were shipped to her!

If my quails (button quails) start laying i might consider shipping some out but they're not old enough yet and I'd worry too about the eggs getting too cold in shipping- if you could wait, I would ship you a few for free (just pay the few bucks shipping) once my quails start laying. I wouldnt normally do this but it would be nice to help someone out. [​IMG]

My coturnix quail (japs) wont be laying until spring...but i do have manchurian (golden) and I have one tuxedo but he doesn't have a perfect tuxedo so I'm not sure what kind of chicks he'd produce when bred to just another tibetan (british range- as a tuxedo is a british range bred to an a & m).

I hope either way you can find some buttons and japs for your friend! I wish i could help right away if i could i deffinatly would! [​IMG]

niki

3. Bleenstar

Bleenstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Thanks [​IMG] Its kinda hard to find them since it is getting cold but in california..its still very....veeery hot haha. But thanks for replying to the message [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by