1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buying egg cartons

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Susan Hillside, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Susan Hillside

Susan Hillside New Egg

Mar 3, 2013
    Suttons Bay, Michigan
    I am at the point that I need to buy egg cartons. production is up and i am selling mroe and more eggs. Murray McMurray has 50 peper cartons for$17.90 for 50 fo them. That is the best deal I could find on teh web. Anyone else have any cheaper ones? And I do need new cartons.

I also need some cartons sized for duck eggs. Jumbo cartons might work
    thanks!
    Susan

2. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

With shipping from McMurray that comes out to 50 cents each, I can buy them from the local farm supply store for 39 cents each right off the shelf, or hit up Ebay or other online sites and get them even cheaper, especially if you don't mind brand new misprints or foam that can be had cheaper overall...

Google up some places that specialize in selling egg cartons or hit up Ebay and you can find better deals as well as your duck cartons... There is even some better deals on Amazon...

I'm not recommending any of these sites, just Google hits...

www.eggboxes.com
    www.eggcartonsonline.com
    www.eggcartonstore.com
    www.cheapeggcartons.com
    www.eggcartons.com
    www.eggboxes.com

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I've never researched prices. I always just let folks know I need cartons and by word of mouth I have more than I could ever use. I use them not only for eggs but as fire starters and always wind up with a huge stack in the garage. Spread the word at work or church or wherever and I'll bet you'll get an abundance. For free [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by