Buying Egg Cartons

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by marie_martin, Feb 1, 2009.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Where is the best, and cheapest place to buy egg cartons for shipping and for my own personal use? I tried eggcartons.com but i was trying to pay with paypal and i cant find any info on where to send the money to and thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew that or if there is a cheaper place to order from. Thanks.

Marie

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We get them from our local feed store for $.25 each....

3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    I didn't shop around much before I ordered from eggcartons.com because they were offering free shipping.

When you pay using Paypal, the amount is either charged to your credit card or taken directly from your checking account. You don't send money anywhere.

Wayne

4. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    well I guess I did not do it right. It is saying pending payment from paypal and i did not fill out any credit card or bank info when ordering. Will have to just reorder I guess.

Marie

5. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    EggCartons.com has been the cheapest in my experience and if the type doesnt matter then you can buy whatever misprints they have. Those are even cheaper. You can get labels there also really cheap. I usually would buy them 200 at a time and with most peaople returning the cartons they lasted forever. You could offer a small discount if they return the carton when they need more.

6. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I always recommend telling friends, neighbors, co-workers to save them for you. They are free and you save them from the dump.

Also when you give them a dozen eggs as "payment" they save them from their friends, family, co-workers for you too so it grows exponentially!

7. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I sent the money and included the order number. Maybe that will work. I only ordered 25 cartons. I really don't need 200. I guess you get a better deal that way. I missed the free shipping though. But that is ok. My dh is going to check around locally to see if we can get some used cartons. But i needed some now! I have eggs in bowls and they need to be in cartons. I have been giving them to friends who never return the cartons. So I just stopped giving them away. but now I will have to find some egg recipes, lol.

Marie

8. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    I get mine from the deli down the street. They make breakfast sandwiches all morning and go through tons of eggs each day. Every week I get a huge stack from him, free!

9. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    Make a soufflé!! Homemade ones are eggcelent

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by