Buying eggs to incubate

close by where you live if you are just learning. Shipping eggs is expensive and really decreases your odds of success. I have read many times on here that people hatch Trader Joe's eggs just to learn on.

Well I have had chickens my whole life but I have not used an incubator since I was younger. We had started hatching our own eggs but we had a dog kill all our hens. It was awful. We came home and they were all killed. My kids and I were heart broken. The dog is gone now. We found it a new home where there are no chickens. We have hatched a few we got b4 they died but we would like some more so that's why I was asking about buying eggs. I'm definately far from an expert but I have some experiance.

Find the thread from your state and start asking if anyone has eggs you can get. You may find some purebred breeders, or maybe not. But if all you want is some chickens for in your yard, you should be able to find someone.
What state are you in?

I think it would depend on what kind of chickens you want to hatch but the closer they are is better i had some eggs shipped about 800 miles and had a wonderful hatch rate mine were silkies though that i ordered also unless you are set on hatching some eggs you could always check out on here or your local craigslist to find some that are already hatched also they have a great group of people on here to get eggs from you could check to see if anyone is close to you.

Thanks! I think I found some close to us! Yay! We r not that picky on the breed. We just keep them as pets. The kids Ike them but I think I am addicted! Lol. We also have ducks, geese, and turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom