1. scottysquails

scottysquails Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Does anyone here sell and ship parrot eggs......

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I read you can't ship parrot eggs their not like chicken eggs and won't Hatch.

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Your Best Bet would be to find a local breeder to buy some and go and pick them up.

4. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Why would one want to buy parrot eggs?
    Do you want parrots as a pet, or to breed for fun/profit?

Either way, the best pets come from co-parented babies. Babies that are hatched naturally by their parents, and raised by both the parent parrots AND the human caretaker. This is, developmentally, going to produce the best socialized pet that knows it is a parrot (a lot of behavior problems stem from parrots thinking they are humans, or close to this concept) but learns to trust and respond to humans from day one.

If you want a pet parrot, this is the most ideal situation.

It is also the most ideal situation if you are a breeder. There are not many breeders in the USA that do this-- but, guess what? They make more money off of their birds and have waiting lists for people wanting their birds. People are getting more educated about parrot care and realize that it can be a lifelong commitment-- like a child-- and more people are going into it prepared and wanting to make the right choice.
    Yes, it takes more time than just letting the parrots breed themselves silly (but it takes a lot less time than being the only 'parent' and hand-feeding a baby until it is weaned!!). Yes, it technically costs you more (time=money), however you can ask higher prices for your birds.

I regret that I simply cannot understand why someone would want to buy parrot eggs...

5. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    ive never seen a legitimate breeder selling parrot eggs....
    generally when you see parrot eggs for sale its scammers often in nigeria or otherwise...

6. 9Catsz

9Catsz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Southeastern Missouri
    Quote:This is so true. You cannot ship a parrot egg.
    Even if you did manage to get a fertile parrot egg and then managed to hatch it, do you have any idea how hard it is to handfeed a parrot, or any bird for that matter, from day 1? It's very, very hard to do and unless you're very experienced at hand feeding, you're going to kill it and kill it quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by