buying feed online

594chickens

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2018
Hi All,

I live in Brooklyn, NY you cant really get more urban, so buying feed is pretty difficult. I don't really leave Brooklyn so I need to purchase either on the rare occasion that I go to Jersey or online. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable pricing online - Layer feed can cost $2-4 per pound.

Does anyone else buy their feed exclusively online and if yes would you mind sharing where and your costs?

Hi All,

I live in Brooklyn, NY you cant really get more urban, so buying feed is pretty difficult. I don't really leave Brooklyn so I need to purchase either on the rare occasion that I go to Jersey or online. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable pricing online - Layer feed can cost $2-4 per pound.

Does anyone else buy their feed exclusively online and if yes would you mind sharing where and your costs?
I would imagine your best bet is just to buy a few bags at a time when you go to NJ.

I buy Mazuri. $109 30 lbs
Free shipping. Lightweight extruded pellets. Not Amazon where feed is opened and sold in smaller lots, including Mazuri. I buy from their site.
Feed is expensive. I buy Purina and mix half and half with above. I am raising for feathers so need good feed.

There will be a date on each bag of feed,; Purina has theirs on the white strip closing the bottom of each bag. Some companies use open dating, like Purina. others have it in a code, and you have to ask or look it up. Much less user friendly!
Some vitamins will deteriorate over time, so it does matter. I want to feed it within six or eight week at the most of the mill date!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom