Buying fertile eggs...

kdolly87

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Dalton Ga
Where's the best place to buy reasonably priced hatching eggs?? Looking for speckled sussex, jersey giants, orpington, and plymouth rocks. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!! :D ps: got an incubator for Christmas!!!!! Ahhh!!!

Try finding some with in driving distance. I have bought hatching eggs that were mailed 4 times. The first box of them had a great hatch rate. The next batch a couple of them hatched. The last two batches? 0 hatched.

Join all of the threads you can find on this site that belong to the state you live in. Someone there may be able to help you. You can also check the buy, sell and trade threads on this site.

I would start with anything local if possible. Shipping is very hard on eggs especially with extreme temps. I have had poor hatches from eBay. I hatched 2 out of 16 Barred Rocks. One was born with congenital loco. I wasn't prepared for euthanizing a baby chick and raising a lonely chick in winter. If you do try eBay I recommend getting them from the closest supplier.

Back
Top Bottom