Buying Fertile Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by totribet, May 23, 2012.

1. totribet

totribet Songster

Jul 24, 2011
    Moriarty, NM
    I'm wanting to buy some fertile eggs. I have a broody hen and would love to hatch some. She went broody a couple days ago, but my rooster died awhile back so she is just sitting on regular eggs. Do I even have time to order some and get them here and where could I find some? Thanks in advance!

2. windtryst

windtryst Songster

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    You have plenty of time! Order some here, they will ship to you in a couple of days,slip them under your broody hen & in 23 days you will have chicks! Mine are hatching tonight!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Songster

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Someone locally will have fertile hatching eggs for you. If you have a whole foods store or Trader Joes nearby, some folks have had those eggs hatch as well. Most organic, free range farms have roosters.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    If you get shipped eggs remmber to let them sit till the next day large end up so that the air cells can stabalize. There are a tone of eggs on here as well . Go check out not only the buy trade sale section but they have eggs up on the 24 hour action in the social section under swaps and meets or what ever [​IMG]

5. totribet

totribet Songster

Jul 24, 2011
    Moriarty, NM
    Oh qwow.....Thanks yall!

6. shardean

shardean Chirping

May 12, 2012
    Sequim, Washington
    You know people who have hatched eggs bought from trader Joe's? The refrigeration doesn't ruin them?

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    there is a thread on here somewhere I could have sworne I saw it yesterday about it so look thru the hatching pages maybe and see if you can find it?

1 person likes this.
  8. AZ_HenHouse

AZ_HenHouse Chirping

Nov 2, 2011
    I am looking for fertile eggs too [​IMG] Please don't tell my husband.

My wonderful mama hen went broody again and I am pretty sure it is easier to just give her eggs then try to break her. She just hatched out some on April 1st but she started laying lat week and now apparntly it is time to sit.[​IMG]

Anyway....I looked on Craigslist for people that have chicks that I was interested in and sent messages asking if they had fertile eggs. If they didn't have eggs, asked if they knew of anyone. Found 2 people that have some eggs I am picking up in the morning.[​IMG]

Hen will be happy...kids will be happy....I will be happy to see new babies... hopefully hubby won't notice[​IMG]

9. totribet

totribet Songster

Jul 24, 2011
    Moriarty, NM
    ROFL. I won't tell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: