Buying fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Chicks5, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Chicks5

Chicks5 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2014
    Hello everyone!
    I will let everyone know if I made a good decision, but I purchased fertilized eggs on eBay (at least they will be fertilized when the pheasant begin breeding in the spring). I will let everyone know if the deal was worth it. I am not interested in buying 15 to 30 chicks at a time. Has anyone purchased fertilized eggs in the past. If so, I would love to hear from you. Take care!

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Shipped pheasant eggs don't hatch very good.Don't waste your money on eggs,go buy chicks when they are ready.You can spend 200.00-300.00 for eggs and end up with 4 chicks if your lucky.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. stlucifer714

stlucifer714 New Egg

Sep 11, 2013
    Why buy egggs. when you can buy hatchling for A dollar each at 100. [email protected] and under [email protected] each local pick up only in southern California , as in Anaheim,garden grove area

4. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    As far as hatching eggs go, Both sides here are right, It can definitely be a better deal to buy chicks, but eggs can also be better. In my opinion it depends on your incubator, if you have a cheaper one (Table top ones like styrofoam) then buy chicks but if you have a good bator like a Sportsman or R com, then do eggs. But also check the sellers review to see their fertility rates

5. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    For chickens I would agree,but pheasants are way more touchy to hatch.I used a GQF for years and shipped pheasant eggs were just a waste of money.I haven't shipped eggs in years because I pretty much have most of the species I want for now.I too switched to the R-com and see a huge difference in hatches.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I have a GQF right now, Havent had any pheasants in it yet, but have hatched tons of shipped quail with no problem. Going to try it out on some ringneck eggs from Randy this spring

7. paris_r

paris_r Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2011
    Nolanville TX
    i just bought 4+ gray peacock pheasant eggs from ebay to try and i have a table top....dang....

8. abbas ali

abbas ali New Egg

Feb 16, 2015
    Hi everybody..

Anybody have a Silkie chicks & Hatching eggs for sale??

9. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    This is the pheasant thread.You'll have better luck on the chicken threads.
    In N.H.,Tony.

10. Mannyg86621

Mannyg86621 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2014
    I bought Palawan eggs online and they all hatched with my Brinsea Advance incubator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by