Buying from Ebay

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TarHeelBlue, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    Quote:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

its also pretty hot out that could also have a factor

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  3. TarHeelBlue

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    I agree, but my postman calls me and I go to the post office to pick them up, so the eggs are NOT left outside at all. I just feel it was total disrespect for me. They had their money and that was the end of it.

4. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    First if all, did you buy three eggs, or one or two and you got an extra? I have never bought geese eggs through the mail but when buying chicken eggs, the seller includes a few extras almost without exception. I think you would have mentioned extras if there had been so the seller is being thoughtless and figures disclaimers are enough to cover most anything that can happen. You can still do a chargeback through PayPal and get a partial refund. If I were you though, unless you are absolutely sure the egg is rotten (as in stinking) I would go ahead and set the egg. I have received partially incubated chickens eggs though the mail and have successfully hatched them.

5. TarHeelBlue

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    No, this one was def rotten and I purchased 3 eggs, got no extras (and yes you are right, most reputable dealers include at least one extra) I have gotten geese eggs through the mail, - purchased six - one did not develop, 5 did with 4 hatching, so I think I have a pretty good system set up. I bought some at auction one time, got 5, 3 not fertile hatched 2. So, therefore, don't think it was my incubator or system. I researched carefully before trying geese so I would do the best possible for them.

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The way I meant to say it was. The truck that they drive to get to the PO get really hot and also the plane is very warm inside with no AC.

7. Gingerlilypad

Gingerlilypad Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Central Mississippi
    Although I have never bought or sold eggs on EBay. I do sell quite a bit in other categories. eBay has very strict policies for buyer protection, and usually the buyer is considered right, until the seller can prove otherwise. Did you file a complaint with eBay? Or are eggs not covered by their buyer protection plan?

8. TarHeelBlue

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    I don't know - I have filed a complaint and requested 1/3 of my money back (although I really think the fair thing would be at least half - I don't want to be greedy) We will see.

9. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    First off, I think it's kinda bad on your part to post the name out there like that. I mean it's one thing to say "And PM me if you want the ebayers name" but this thread will be here for eternity for all we know.

Secondly, if you think you were wronged then say the seller "I think you shipped a old egg and I'm going to be forced to file a complaint with ebay to get a refund." and then I bet you'll get your refund.

Thirdly, I'm willing to bet that the auction listing said something to the effect of "hatch rate is not guarenteed" so be prepared for ebay to not give you a refund. Though, they might but not take it out of the seller's account. Yes, they do that. Ebay pays you, but it's ebay's money, not the seller's.

10. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Quote:The way I meant to say it was. The truck that they drive to get to the PO get really hot and also the plane is very warm inside with no AC.

My post office lady said to me before (I ship eggs) that the truck gets to be 120F and the eggs will be in there for hours to days, depending on the time dropped off and what day of the week it is. I always drop off eggs at 1:30-2pm to minimize that time. Some people shipping think it's best to get them there first thing in the morning.... which is actually the worst thing you can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by