Buying Organic Feed in Nor. CA?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by DavidILoveYou22, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DavidILoveYou22

DavidILoveYou22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! Does anyone here know somewhere in Northern CA you can buy organic, relatively cheap laying feed? We live in Camino, which is about 50 miles west of South Lake Tahoe. It's near Placerville, if anyone knows where that is. We are currently feeding Purina Laying Crumble, and personally I don't really care for Purina considering what they put in their dog and cat feed. Does anyone know of somewhere near us where I can buy organic laying feed?

-David22

2. ChickenSkin

ChickenSkin Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    Lamoille, Nv
    Try a google search for modesto mill.

3. DavidILoveYou22

OK, thank you!

4. ChickenSkin

ChickenSkin Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    Lamoille, Nv
    It was my first post sorry it was so short. Camino? Isn't that apple hill? If you look on modesto mills website they have retailers in auburn and lincoln. I don't know if they're closer towns to you as I don't know the area all that well. Me and my family have been going to Apple Hill for quite sometime. Excellent pies! Hope that helped. They have a wide variety of feeds for poultry all organic.
    Matthew

5. DavidILoveYou22

Yes! I'm surprised at find someone who actually knows where that is. And I'll be sure to check that website out. Auburn and Lincoln are both a bit far, but we already drive about an hour to get our feed so it wouldn't matter much. :D

6. Angel16

Angel16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! I also am going with organic feed for my chickens ( am getting them really soon)! nice to know that other people are going organic to!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. ChicksandWeeds

ChicksandWeeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
  8. chiccarrie44

chiccarrie44 New Egg

Sep 26, 2014

9. chiccarrie44

chiccarrie44 New Egg

Sep 26, 2014
    http://www.gardenbetty.com/2012/06/garden-bettys-homemade-whole-grain-chicken-feed/
    Check out this link. I'm going to order by bulk at the link she mentioned and she also says some things she buys in bulk at Winco. She feeds herself, chickens and dogs much of the same things. I tried a this out buy a small amount from my local grocery store and we loved it. I made a beans soup with game and barley. Exceptional. Shared it with dogs and chickens :))) quote name="DavidILoveYou22" url="/t/746900/buying-organic-feed-in-nor-ca#post_10523366"]Hello! Does anyone here know somewhere in Northern CA you can buy organic, relatively cheap laying feed? We live in Camino, which is about 50 miles west of South Lake Tahoe. It's near Placerville, if anyone knows where that is. We are currently feeding Purina Laying Crumble, and personally I don't really care for Purina considering what they put in their dog and cat feed. Does anyone know of somewhere near us where I can buy organic laying feed?

-David22
    [/quote]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by