1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BUYING poullets and hens in KY!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Desparately needing hens or poullets. Due to recent events, all but one of my hens were killed recently. Im getting rid of my hand-raised rooster, that has become aggressive. He needs to be free-range, and has grown very large. He is a HUGE buff orpington (thats what we were told.) If i dont find some hens soon, im afraid he will hurt or kill my poor hen. Im looking for much more docile breeds, such as australorps, Araucana, dorking, deleware, jersey giants, sussex, welsummer, and i am especially looking for Black Langshangs.

2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    What part of Ky.

3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Im in the bowlingreen / morgantown area. Im willing to travel a ways to get poullets/hens if they are docile.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  4. Ms. Lewis Rich

Dec 18, 2007
    May h have a couple Phone # here in N. Ky. by Cinti airport is that too far?

5. bluedog

bluedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    hi i am in east ky i have about 90 B.R and B.R cross chicks due to hatch next week the chicks will be Straight Run.

6. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Im not sure. Depends on what breeds you have and for what price. I will be traveling with my family to louiville to have dental work done sometime soon, i might be able to do it then. What breeds do you have?

7. Ms. Lewis Rich

Dec 18, 2007
    Check your E mail gave you a couple local Numbers one had comet hens the other you will have to call and check.
    Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by