Buying quail cages.....

Catfishtoon

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
Any thoughts on either the Hatching Time or Wynola Ranch quail Craig systems? Or any other commercially available cage set-ups?

I can build them but the older I get the more I appreciate someone else's work......

Any thoughts on either the Hatching Time or Wynola Ranch quail Craig systems? Or any other commercially available cage set-ups?

I can build them but the older I get the more I appreciate someone else's work......
I haven't used the Hatching Time cages, but do have a Wynola Ranch 3 tier setup.
Pros:
1. Egg roll out
2. Feeder trough on the outside so it doesn't take up floor space
3. Easy manure control - pull tray out, dump in trash can/wheel barrow/etc, add more pine shavings to the tray and return under the cage.

Cons:
1. Wire floor throughout, nowhere for the birds to get off the wire
2. Lots of feed waste (still working on some kind of cover for the trough to reduce waste, but haven't solved that yet)
3. Cost

Overall, I like the Wynola Ranch cages, but probably won't buy another set. I intend to build my next set of cages and will probably pattern them along the lines of what I've seen of @007Sean cages.

I use the Hatching time for the breeders and I have their brooder as well. Personally I like it as I can just wheel it out and power wash it without worrying about the metal or metal mesh/wood combos. I don't use the ratios they publish for stocking though, I want them to have more room then that. They have a grate that sits on the feeder so they can't scatter it (and when you pull it off they will get in there and try!), and a vertical water nipple system.
My only issue is they are costly, and you will need to make a deflector or they will poop out the sides. I had some ABS and just cut it to size and attached it.

Back
Top Bottom