buying/selling Call ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rachel's Hobby Hatchery, Aug 9, 2010.

1. what is a good asking price for an adult call duck? I would like to traid my snowey call hen for a call hen of any other color because my drake is snowey & my other hen is snowey & I want somthing diffrent, but I think I might end up selling her & buying a call.
    I was going to put a picture of the three of them here but I dont know how...

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Depends on where you are and the demand for calls.

Is she still young?
    Is her coloring true?

If yes to both, I'd probably get $15 to $20 for her here in eastern Ohio. Demand for them is decent.

I sold ducklings for $8 each. Some get $10 each.

On coloring, though, if you want to sell ducklings, you may be better off with keeping a flock of all of one color.

3. She will be two years old in the spring... I dont know about her coloring, When I bought them I was told they were more breeder quality than show quality but I dont know why. I dont show them excpt at the fair each year where color dosnt matter at all. I do hatch there eggs but I dont care what colors come out.
    I bought the trio for $50.00 so IDK how much a single sells for

4. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Songster

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    call ducks do well in trios.....you could just pick up a hen of another color somewhere.

5. I HAVE 2 ducks & a drake, all are Snowey in color, thats why im looking to trade for a diffrent color. and again is the question what is a good price to buy a call for?

6. Frankiecall

Frankiecall Hatching

Jul 9, 2015
    I will buy the calls

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: