Buying/Selling feedback- have you followed-up?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChooksChick, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I know I can't be the only one who has lots of feedback they'd like to see get completed. I have had lots of transactions that I never heard from the buyer/seller about on the feedback system Nifty was so kind to create.

How many of you have had similar lack of response in a feedback rating?

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Yep. I'm behind on leaving some too. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The few times I have purchased I have ALWAYS left feedback. I feel it is important to the seller to know how the buyer feels.

4. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree- and vice versa- yet how do we convince folks to follow-up? I have 4 feedbacks, and probably 10 auction where I've left feedback, but my partner did not. I hate to go solicit feedback. I wonder if there could be a sentence added to the Staff posting that automatically goes out to remind folks to leave feedback.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    What most people don't know is that it is EASIER to leave feedback on the new system than what they think. Here's the steps:

1. Click you "Profile" on the blue bar.
    2. Look on the left for "Auctions" and click on it. A list of all of the auctions you have listed, won, or didn't win are listed for you to see.
    3. Click on the auction you want to leave feedback for and leave the feedback for the seller/buyer on the right hand of the screen.

Easy!

6. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    What about direct sales (not auctions)?

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I admit..i'm bad for leaving feedback. I always forget.
    But if a seller PM me and asked that i leave them feedback. i would do it asap..
    Maybe you just need to remind them??

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  8. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    fattie- I have thought about this- I would love it if we could have a method of feedback for private sales! I don't know how it would be managed, though.

redhen- I am very hesitant to contact folks- I don't want to be a pest. Has it worked well for you?

Do you guys think it's acceptable for a person to contact you for follow-up feedback?

9. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Absoultely. People did it on Eggbid all the time. It doesn't hurt to ask (politely). [​IMG]

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

As a seller, I always send a copy of the link that staff sends at the end of the auction to the buyer after the eggs have arrived and let them know that I have posted feedback for them upon receipt of payment and ask them to leave mine also.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by