1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buying water heater/heated waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Anny, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I'm looking to buy a heater waterer for winter.

None of the feed stores around me have any in stock, what online source is a nice place to shop from? Where did you buy yours? Which one did you buy and how do you like it?

2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Hi Anny. Here is a link to a supplier who sells the water with the heater built in. Much cheaper than buying separately. Plus it is free shipping with a $75 order. I can't ever go there and have an order under $75. Happy shopping.

http://www.americanlivestock.com/

3. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

And most hardware stores can get one for you, even if there are none on display. I bought mine at Home Hardware last week.[​IMG]

4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Greene, RI
    I just received this one from eggcartons.com [​IMG]
    It seems sturdy enough. I believe they are site sponsors here at BYC. They also have the one that goes under the galvanized type waterer.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  5. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

6. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Are there any heated waterers that you can fill from the top? I've seen them for normal plastic water containers.

I currently have the unscrew the bottum style and I don't like it all that much but if that is all that there is out there I guess it will work.

7. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I have never run across one that fills from the top and is heated also. They do make waters that you fill from the top but I found them to be more a hassle than the others. And, you would still have to find a way to keep the water from freezing.

8. mikefromnh

mikefromnh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2008
  9. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I couldn't find a price on the henspa website....any idea how much it costs?

10. mikefromnh

mikefromnh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2008
    Quote:I couldn't find a price on the henspa website....any idea how much it costs?

At the top of the page there is an orange menu bar. Click on 'ordering info'. It is $59

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by