1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BY GOLLY! I think we'll have success this time!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ducklove334, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    ok, so heres the skinny [​IMG]

we've got two broody hens, one OEG mutt who was(still is) sitting on her own two eggs, plus one other standard sized egg.then on the 17th, my fiances mom got 18 cochin and whatever else eggs, we have 5 I think, to her. I gave her 3 mallard eggs, two of wich SHOULD hatch within the next few days.

then we have our black silkie, who was sitting on 6 or 7 standard eggs from our birds [​IMG], we gave her 3 of the eggs we got.

and tossed the rest into the bator.

well, I wanted to weed out the silkies eggs, she had 13!!!, so I went through and candled the eggs, and pulled the ones that looked like they weren't growing, and left her the 8 that deffenatly were.

and with the OEG we went through her eggs, and did the same, leaving her own two eggs, the two duck eggs, and 3 or 4 of the others...HER two eggs SHOULD hatch within the week, as a believe they're close to 3 weeks now.

and put the rest in the bator, the other eggs set on the 20th in the bator, I can't tell yet, but a couple duck eggs look promising!

2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] good luck with them!!! [​IMG]

3. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    well, now our white cochin is going broody [​IMG], ahhh spring [​IMG], if my fiances mom will let me I wanna use her to hatch out some duck eggs [​IMG]

I really hope I have a good hatch this time, both under the momms and in the bator, I will cry if I don't

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by