By Request, Ameraucana Babies & Others...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jul 5, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The Ameraucanas and Welsummers are 11 weeks old and little Nugget, my Buff Orp pullet from Jody, is a week younger. LOVE the splash pullet, dont you? She's just precious. That is Snow Angel and the blue pullet is Nora with Zane in the background. Used to have another Nora, but she turned into a Norton, LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Beautiful birds!

Ya know ... it's amazing to me that chickens can go from cute little 2" fuzzy butts to these in just a few short weeks! How incredibly fast they grow...

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

They are beautiful Cyn. I have a weakness for Ameraucanas and for blue birds. What are you trying to do to me?

4. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Thank you so, so much for posting them!!!!!! [​IMG]
    They are all so very precious!!!!!!!!

I love those little chipmunk faces that the Ameraucanas have. [​IMG]

My light looks like your splash. I'll have to post a pic, so ya'll can help me tell if she's goin to be a splash or not. My little blue girl looks similiar to your little one.

As soon as I post on my turkey thread I will look for pics of mine to post. One finally hatched. [​IMG]

Yes, they are all just beautiful!!!!!!

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Beautiful birds, I love Ameraucanas and blue's of any breed are some of my favorites.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Oh, how sweet. I really like your Snow Angel. Zane has great color. Is he putting weight on his legs at all now?

7. speckledhen

Zane does walk, but he flaps his wings the entire time and the bad hock leans against the other one when he stops and just stands, with one wing touching the ground for balance. He does not bend his toes on that foot, just uses the pad of the foot like a walking cane.

8. Kristen'sChickens

Kristen'sChickens New Egg

Sep 13, 2007
    Rockford Michigan
    Your birds are absolutely beautiful!!!

I wanted to let you know that I have learned a LOT from your posts throughout the last year. Thank you so much for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us all. Also, a big thanks to Miss Prissy, seeing as how she has posted here as well. The two of you are awesome!

BYC is great!

Kristen

9. speckledhen

Thank you, Kristen, so nice of you to say so. I learned my stuff just like everyone else, reading and experience. Sometimes I wish I was a vet from some of the questions I am asked, though, LOL.

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Cyn, I love that first pic...absolutely beautiful bird! Oh, and yes I am biased to that cute little orpie girl. She gives the camera the same look some of my girls have given for me. They are so curious..it's sweet. Thanks for sharing pics.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by