By Request: Mutant buzzards & other cute chick pics!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
First, mutant buzzards is the name my DH has given the latest hatch of brahma/turken cross chicks. Second, pardon the poor quality pics. To fill y'alls request for pics I had to brave torrential rains, hail and tornado watches.

Here's the older chicks, "the chickateers":

TJ is dark brahma over light; I hold this little roo alot more than I should. Can't help myself, he's so cute!:

4810_tj3mo.jpg

Cash is turken over turken but without the naked neck
idunno.gif
:

4810_cash3mo.jpg

Rowdy is turken over EE, also without the naked neck. He's the one that was paralyzed as a days old chick, had to be cared for in the house. He hates humans now. Dunno why:

4810_rowdy3mo.jpg

Now for the ones DH calls the mutant buzzards. They are five weeks old today. They are not human friendly at all. We were on vacation, so they didn't get handled at all. Trying to get pics of them is like trying to wrangle a herd of cats!:

On their jungle gym; Polly (the smallest) is turken over buff brahma, NN but no feathered feet. Sally is also turken over buff brahma, NN and feathered feet. Betsy is dark brahma over light.

4810_mutants5wk.jpg

Little Sally
love.gif
:

4810_sally5wk.jpg

Sally again:

4810_sally5wk2.jpg

I forgot to mention that Jethro the silkie has yet to let me get a good pic of her chick. She's bringing her off the nest, obviously since the food and water are being used, but it must be in the early morning.

Her chick is turken (IMPY!) over brahma as well.
barnie.gif

So NOW can y'all understand why Impy will soon be paired with some nice dumplings????

Quote:
Oh c'mon Ranchy! You have to admit Sally is CUTE!
love.gif

Oh hell no, I don't! That is one weird looking dinosaur!

And no pairing my Dada with dumplings!
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom