By the way...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Aug 19, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Cancer Treatment Centers of America is not all it is cracked up to be. Apparently once a person is terminal, that is it. [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like the hospitals here... 'cept you just have to get to the 'not recovering fast enough according to my chart' stage.

Totally blow the Hippocratic Oath "Do No Harm" thing right out of the water. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    [​IMG] I'm sorry.

If you're receptive to the idea of alternative treatments, this clinic was mentioned on a different forum. Clinica IMAQ Also, IMVA.

5. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    They wouldn't even see my aunt when she told them what she had. Guess they figured she wouldn't live long enough for them to milk enough money out of her to make it worth their while.

6. debilorrah

Quote:That is the issue with my friend. He has about 2 months to live, supposedly. Only God REALLY knows, but the decline is obvious day to day.

7. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry about your friend. Cancer sucks!!

8. debilorrah

Quote:Thank you very much. This is the first friend I have had suffer from cancer and it is not an experience I want to repeat. I am getting older now and it is bound to happen more and more with those I love.

This initial experience has taught me a few things: remember your friends at least once a week. Just because you know they love you, doesn't mean they will be here tomorrow. People who have been in your life and drifted away - if they mean something YOU reach out, because you just never know. Small things mean the most to those that are facing death.

9. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    My mother and mother-in-law both passed away from cancer within a year.
    That being said, why blame the DR's? There is only so much they are ABLE to do. Sucks, but its reality. There are untreatable cancers. Why would they treat it then if its untreatable? Sounds like they were trying to save someone some money. With our new so-called health care its going to be MUCH worse. I see a time when most cancers will go untreated, or the treatment will be so delayed by beauracracy, it will be too late.
    BTW I've been a part of the socialized medicine for years. Its called the VA. Rationed health care at its finest.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  10. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:Thank you very much. This is the first friend I have had suffer from cancer and it is not an experience I want to repeat. I am getting older now and it is bound to happen more and more with those I love.

This initial experience has taught me a few things: remember your friends at least once a week. Just because you know they love you, doesn't mean they will be here tomorrow. People who have been in your life and drifted away - if they mean something YOU reach out, because you just never know. Small things mean the most to those that are facing death.

I know what you mean. I'm only 35, but in January of 2009 I lost my best friend in the whole world, and she was only 29 years old. It wasn't cancer, but that doesn't mean that the effects of losing her is any less. I miss her terribly and I know that as I get older I will slowly begin to lose more and more friends and family members. It breaks my heart, but I learned the same lesson you did Debi, I make sure that I am in closer contact now with the friends that I still have, and I often let them know how much they mean to me. These people only come into our lives once, and I plan to enjoy every moment that I have them, and love them fiercely while they are still here. I miss my friend so much it hurts. I'll never have her back, but I will never forget her either. I feel terrible for your friend. I wish someone would help him more. I'll keep him in my prayers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by