BYC ads?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Zahboo, May 18, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I will probably ask nifty through pm, but wouldn't it be cool to publicize BYC in Craigslist, hoobly, ziply, and oodle (plus other ad sites) I just wondered if anyone else though of this...

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It is a great idea! Can you imagine if every one of our members posted a post every week or two on their local Craigslist pet sections to come and join the fun of raising backyard chickens? We'd probably double the number of visitors to our community!

In my local CL I found the following sections that would probably be appropriate:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pet/

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=26

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    the farm and garden section in CL also....thats where everyone sells their chickens through...

4. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Edited because I type to slow and redhen beat me to it.. LOL

craigslist also has a "farm and garden" section.. That is where you find most of the chicks and other poultry listed..

I wonder if posting for BYC would get flagged alot.. Some things seem to get flagged.. I tryed to rehome a slightly disabled chihuahua pup.. It got flagged every single time..

I try to tell every one I can think of about BYC... I think I might have gotten two people to join.. Not totally sure.. Maybe a few more.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Nifty post a banner link (I think thats what its called ) and Ill will post on my local CL. People does it quit a bit for other sites.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I've been wondering for a while now if bigger really is better with public forums like BYC. It's hard enough for the current mods to catch the troublesome threads, which have increased in number this spring. Without doubling the number of mods you can't reasonable double the size of the forum and keep it a consistently family-friendly site.

7. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    I'd love to add a small banner to my blog as well! Up to 180X220 or so would be a perfect size for bloggers

8. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    B. Saffles Farms :

Nifty post a banner link (I think thats what its called ) and Ill will post on my local CL. People does it quit a bit for other sites.

Yes I would love to have a link/code for a BYC banner or logo.. I would post too.. I would also put one on my myspace page.. I was also going to start my own website. I would post it there too..​

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

For banners, you guys can use any of these:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/byc-banners.html

Regarding more/bigger = better: in the case of spreading the word and getting a chicken in every yard... synergy and critical mass is vital.

We've already been able to do so much in the last few years, but there are still too many uninformed people that think chickens only belong in very rural areas. There are also still too many cities that have way too strict regulations on people's ability to keep chickens. The more people that work together to promote the care of healthy happy chickens, the better it will be for all of us. [​IMG]

10. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Very cool! Added one to my blog! Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by