BYC and Ladies on here have inspired me to do more for my family....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wendy, Mar 27, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I have made a few things and was inspired by several ladies on here. Thought I would share some of my recent creations. I have made several loaves of bread. But don't have pics of that to put on here. I do have them on my website. Here is what I wanted to show...

my cinnamon rolls with a butter & cream cheese frosting...
    [​IMG]my grandmothers waffle iron, that is now mine, still works great!
    i use a laddle to spread the waffle mix on the waffle iron...[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/2648_img_1862.jpg

the finished product...
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/2648_img_1562.jpg[​IMG]

homemade pizza, with chicken, red bell peppers, onion and garlic,
    [​IMG]

my daughters birthday cake...
    [​IMG]

my sons birthday cake...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everything looks WONDERFUL!!!! am hungry now! feed me feed me................... if only I was next door......

3. ashera

ashera Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Awwwwwwwwww, now that was just plain mean..giggles. Everything looks great. What a wonderful job.

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    All that looks great. Now I'm hungry.

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Now that's just plain wrong.

Make me feel like a slackin mom.

and now i got a hankerin for cinnamon rolls...darn you woman!

6. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Me too!

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    ooops! didn't mean to make anyone hungry [​IMG]

i can not write on cakes, i have tried and i get so picky with how it looks. but i saw this idea with toothpicks and a little banner, next time i am going to make something nicer using the computer. but thought i would add that in case anyone might could use the idea and is like me, can't write with icing. but wants to make nice cakes and save money making your own.

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Looks GREAT! Yum! [​IMG]

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I love the color of your little girls icing...it's so retro green...like those avacodo green appliances back in the day. You are so posh.

I like the toothpick idea too.

and forgive me but I'm trying to figure out what does your sons cake represent? are those yellow bears? cars? tractors? and then there are chocolate wafers...

10. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:thank you for the compliments :) , we had the avacodo green appliances :)

the characters are from wall- e the movie. the (white) robot looking one is eve, wall -e is the yellow one. it is a disney movie and he loves the movie. that is the only characters i could find of wall-e, was those hard things you lay or prop up on a cake [​IMG]
    sorry the pic makes it harder to tell. in the movie wall-e collects trash and piles it up in neat squares using his robot body/trash collection compacter thingy. to represent some trash, i used a hershey bar and cut the rectangles and stacked them on the cake. added sprinkles to represent 'trash too'. and there is one green item representing a plant that wall-e finds.

pretty neat movie my older kids like the movie, but my 4 yr old loves it.

the green was suppose to be the color of grass, could not get the liquid green the right color with white icing. so i got smarter on my son's cake and went to hobby lobby and got this gel coloring for icings. that is how i got the great yellow and blues on my son's cake.

i want to find a site where i can order any cake toppers like this when i need to. still searching....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by