BYC appreciation

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GardenTillers44, Nov 28, 2016.

1. GardenTillers44

GardenTillers44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2016
    Hocking Hills, Ohio
    My wife and I have been building our little slice of heaven in southern Ohio for 15 years and finally were able to make the move here full time in April. One of the first orders of business was to realize my wife's dream of having a flock of chickens for egg production. A coop was planned and built with an extensive run and fenced foraging area around our garden. I helped with the project because I knew how much it meant to my wife, but I was lukewarm on the chicken idea. We inherited 2 Silver-laced Wyandotte hens and two Partridge Plymouth Rock hens from a friend and our neighbor gifted us a Buff Orpington hen, 2 RIR hens and 2 Amber-link hens to get our flock started. I gotta admit, I'm now addicted to these feathered garden tillers. They follow us around and chatter to us all day, and of course give us some beautiful and tasty eggs. We let them into the garden after the season and they have tilled and fertilized it without me lifting so much as a spade. That is one job I won't miss!

We want to give a shout out to BYC for being there along the way to provide a wealth of information to us as we have grown our flock. We have spent hours reading the forums, reviews and articles and have found that no matter what our question or interest, there is something archived about it somewhere on this site. Thanks to everyone contributing to BYC and we are glad to be a part of the community!

2 people like this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, Tillers, congratulations on the 'completed dream', and welcome to BYC. We're glad to have you as part of our community.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, we're glad to have you.

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. GardenTillers44

GardenTillers44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2016
    Hocking Hills, Ohio
    Thanks, everyone! We'll check out that Buckeye link.

8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Very nice introduction, thank you for sharing with us. Glad to hear you are enjoying your "slice of heaven" along with the chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by