BYC Blackout???

Status
Not open for further replies.

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Wow, did anyone else just notice that? BYC blacked out for like an hour...It wouldn't load.
hu.gif
Weird! I have internet access and could access any other websites at the time, except for BYC. It would load for a little while, then it would say "Page Not Found: Connection Reset." Then it just came back on when I tried again and now it's working perfectly fine.
hu.gif

Anyone know why that happened? Did it happen to anyone else?
hu.gif

Thanks for reading!
smile.png

Quote:
YES!!! I bugged out over it like usual.. but I m looking for surprises on BYC because when there is a blackout that usually means Rob and the dream team are updating something or making something new in teh features:) Come on baby!!!!! Momma wants some new smilies or something coool to drool over!

Quote:
YES!!! I bugged out over it like usual.. but I m looking for surprises on BYC because when there is a blackout that usually means Rob and the dream team are updating something or making something new in teh features:) Come on baby!!!!! Momma wants some new smilies or something coool to drool over!

Yay! That would be cool! New features are always exciting on BYC.
pop.gif
ya.gif

And glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed this!

Wish we could say it was because of some cool new features, but alas, that's not the case.
sad.png
(BTW, usually if we're going to be down for an extended period of time for an upgrade we'll make an announcement before hand).

This wasn't just BYC, wasn't just the server, it was cross the entire colocation server facility. Basically one core routers died. The loss of normal levels of bandwidth across they network caused multiple servers to lose their ability to see both inbound and outbound paths to and from all Internet destinations. This problem did not affect all paths, but enough that many peeps noticed degradation.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused, and appreciate your patience while the engineers all rushed in to find and fix the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom