1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC Blackout???

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 77horses, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Wow, did anyone else just notice that? BYC blacked out for like an hour...It wouldn't load. [​IMG] Weird! I have internet access and could access any other websites at the time, except for BYC. It would load for a little while, then it would say "Page Not Found: Connection Reset." Then it just came back on when I tried again and now it's working perfectly fine. [​IMG]

Anyone know why that happened? Did it happen to anyone else? [​IMG]

Thanks for reading! [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:YES!!! I bugged out over it like usual.. but I m looking for surprises on BYC because when there is a blackout that usually means Rob and the dream team are updating something or making something new in teh features:) Come on baby!!!!! Momma wants some new smilies or something coool to drool over!

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    yea, same here

I thought it was my puter at first,guess the site was really busy.

4. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Yes.

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:YES!!! I bugged out over it like usual.. but I m looking for surprises on BYC because when there is a blackout that usually means Rob and the dream team are updating something or making something new in teh features:) Come on baby!!!!! Momma wants some new smilies or something coool to drool over!

Yay! That would be cool! New features are always exciting on BYC. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed this!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It was out for over 90 minutes for me.

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Me too! I started having withdrawal symptoms....I even emptied my casche and cookies....

8. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I was mid message when it happened...thought it was something I did!

9. Silkie-Feet

Silkie-Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Ky, Kentucky
    i hate it whenBYC blacks out. im addicted to getting on and i freaked out [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i think that describes it all

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wish we could say it was because of some cool new features, but alas, that's not the case. [​IMG] (BTW, usually if we're going to be down for an extended period of time for an upgrade we'll make an announcement before hand).

This wasn't just BYC, wasn't just the server, it was cross the entire colocation server facility. Basically one core routers died. The loss of normal levels of bandwidth across they network caused multiple servers to lose their ability to see both inbound and outbound paths to and from all Internet destinations. This problem did not affect all paths, but enough that many peeps noticed degradation.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused, and appreciate your patience while the engineers all rushed in to find and fix the problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by