BYC Café

The cream goes into the kitchen aid mixer with the whip attachment. It is whipped until the butter fat forms and the wey is seperated. Then starts the rinsing process. you keep rinsing until the water runs clear. The butter will last longer the better it is sinsed.

The last step is to add salt if you are making salted butter.

I have also made it with cultured cream which is amazing!

Churning is what the mixer does. Your relatives must have gone through a rinse process too.
Does goats milk work for butter also? Just asking?:confused:

The cream goes into the kitchen aid mixer with the whip attachment. It is whipped until the butter fat forms and the wey is seperated. Then starts the rinsing process. you keep rinsing until the water runs clear. The butter will last longer the better it is sinsed.

The last step is to add salt if you are making salted butter.

I have also made it with cultured cream which is amazing!

Churning is what the mixer does. Your relatives must have gone through a rinse process too.
Wow. do I need raw milk for this? My relatives had cows. I was a kid when I was there, so it's all a bit fuzzy to me, but I can ask my 96 year old aunt. Maybe she'll remember. I'm just excited that I might be able to make my own butter! That would be awesome! There are so many cows around here. I'm sure I can get raw milk.

Back
Top Bottom