BYC Café

I never gave an update on Mogwai after her appointment when I thought she was in renal failure.
I'm wrestling with all this. I don't feel she's suffering but do feel she will, and soon, if she can't get some weight on and keep her food down. She'll start having organ failure. I think I need to just make the appointment and let her go. I just don't know when exactly.
I wondered, but figured you would share when ready.
It's the toughest decision, and one only you can make. :hugs

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I never gave an update on Mogwai after her appointment when I thought she was in renal failure. Her blood work came back good. But she'd gone from 6.5 pounds to 5.1 pounds as of 12/22. We tried Hill's Science Diet AD and ID and the vet discussed trying 2.5 mg of famotidine (Pepcid AC) to help with her stomach. At first I thought it was helping but she inevitably started throwing up her food again. She sleeps a lot but does not appear to be in pain. Purrs. Enjoys laying with you.
But she is now down to 4.8 pounds. That's the equivalent to a 130 pound person dropping to 97 pounds. The vet suggested doing an ultrasound but to what end? If something was found, it's not like she could have surgery at her age.
I'm wrestling with all this. I don't feel she's suffering but do feel she will, and soon, if she can't get some weight on and keep her food down. She'll start having organ failure. I think I need to just make the appointment and let her go. I just don't know when exactly.
so sorry to hear this Tonya. It does indeed sound like she is not suffering, and maybe she will be lucky and pass peacefully in sleep. I would try to enjoy the time you have left together. :hugs

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

. I think I need to just make the appointment and let her go. I just don't know when exactly.

You will know when it is time. It may be our greatest responsibility to our charges. Right now it sounds as if her quality of life is still quite good.

sorry to hear that, DL
[/QUOTE]
our American bulldog went into kidney failure. Vet gave us 30 day heavy duty antibuotics and a vegetarian food protocol Said as long as he was eating and let the meds work, kidney damage might be correctable. It went well for 3 weeks, but then he lost all his systems and was miserable. We had him put down and we still miss him.(2 yrs ago)

Morning! Windy here. Thanks for the hot coffee!
Apparently, 4 days before the season start, wrestling is back on at the normal high school.
Yay, but really? Did they have to put the kids through all of this? There are, of course, major restrictions like he is not allowed in school for class until 14 days after the end of the season and covid testing every other week and I think even competing with masks on although not sure how that will work and the list goes on...
We shall see how this works out! Hoping for the best and least hassle outcome!
Enjoy the day!

Apparently, 4 days before the season start, wrestling is back on at the normal high school.
Yay, but really? Did they have to put the kids through all of this? There are, of course, major restrictions like he is not allowed in school for class until 14 days after the end of the season and covid testing every other week and I think even competing with masks on although not sure how that will work and the list goes on...
I found it strange that they didn't cut it off months ago...
...how much closer can you get than wrestling?
Any positive tests amognst the wrasslers?

Shad I’ve heard you mentioning the midnight coops opening a few times in the past. Any chance you could put a bike locks or something on them? Maybe a tricky bolt tucked in somewhere?
I dunno Roomy. I thought chopping a few fingers off would be a lot less hassle.:D
7 coops is an awful lot of keys at two doors per coop. I'm thinking about the problem.:caf

Good evening Cafe. Lovely sunny day here and above 10C.
Vet visit for this chap tomorrow. He's got an infection in his foot pad. He had one a few months ago which cleared up.
Early bed for me. I don't think I'll need an alarm clock.
P1130066.JPG

Back
Top Bottom