BYC Café

Pics

KingOfFools

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 3, 2015
Southern California - Inland Empire
I saw the BYC Coffee house thread was a good attempt in 2011, and then it stopped. So, I want to restart it.

Here is one of the several places you can chat about anything (assuming you follow BYC rules). I know there are already several of threads kind of like this, but I wanted a café to hang out in, and the one I saw I liked has been dormant for 4 years so here it is revived.

Everyone that knows me calls me Trib, even my wife, so feel free to do the same. It is my real name shortened.

I am an Army brat, but I serve in the Navy. I am stationed in Southern California right now and I love it here.

I have the most beautiful, perfect, amazing wife anyone could want, a little girl who I smart, pretty, funny and adventurous, and a new baby boy with blue eyes like you've never seen.

We have 8 hens and 1 rooster. Today, I am drinking coffee and i have the day off. I slept on the couch to watch my colicky son so my overworked stay-at-home wife could get some rest. (we actually switch every day).

I have the day off, so I can do something about a chicken coup that's too small with some wooden shipping crates I acquired.

Hope everyone else is having just as wonderful a morning.

Trib

Hey Trib! Nice to meet you! I tried to start a picture thread which had been very successful in the past but just sort of floated into never land this time. Such a shame because I really wanted to get to know members better!

I'm Lauren and I've been around BYC a while, though I post less these days due to school. I've had chickens for about 16 years now and did plenty of 4H and showing. I can't keep chickens while I'm away at school and I really miss them.

I'm in vet school now and Im studying to be a poultry vet. I'm really excited about some of the opportunities I will hopefully have when I graduate!

At my apartment now I just have a dog, which has been a lot of fun. We've been going to agility and a few other training classes and she does great. I've only had her since August, so I'm very proud of her progress.

Hi Lauren! Nice to meet you. I did not know you could specialize as a poultry vet. You definitely have more experience than I do. I've only had chickens for a little over a year now.

Been in the Navy for about 7 years now, and for about the first 6 or so its been impossible to have any agricultural aspirations. Spent about a year in training and almost 5 years on some intensive sea duty (25% home).

My wonderful wife and I want to buy some land in SoCal and raise chickens, bees, goats, and sheep. So we are trying our hand atchickens and bees while I'm on shore duty.

We love it. I'm going to school also. Limited to the online thing so I'm afraid vet school is out. Instead I am studying Environmental Science.

Have you taken many ornithology classes yet? There is an online class I intend on taking, but I'm sure it is nothing like what you're learning.

Well thanks for posting. I figured I'd try and make a place for your typical café small talk, debates, opinions, and general getting to know BYC members. That way off-topic conversations, are encouraged. We shall see what happens.

Trib

Hey, I will join in, the wind is blowing hard and it is getting ready to snow again. Hot coffee cafe or tea, whatever works! I have a DH, 4 sons- 2 fledged and 2 still nesting- 23,21,18,10. Love the 10 yr old, he keeps me sane! I have 2 beautiful granddaughters. 26 Chickens of hatchery stock and Mutts. I am looking forward to getting an order from Sand Hill Preservation Center this summer.
Cat and a horse round out the beasties.
A poultry vet would be seemingly in high demand, so would a degree in EnviroSci. Good luck with your studies!

Back
Top Bottom